In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Standing in line at McDonald's

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by TurboDiesel, Apr 2, 2018.

  1. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    11:30 am
    3 minutes in...no orders taken or delivered ....:picard:

    Fast food huh?

    Oh! A second order taker! should only be a few more minutes...
    Glad I'm not in a hurry...:binoculars:


    Lots of time to read the menu:whistle:

    More on that in a minute ...brb
    :rofl: :lol:
     
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  2. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    So they got this fancy azz picture menu flashing pics of some dang good looking burgers and more:rolleyes:

    Those food photographers... must be magicians!!

    :handshake:
     
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  3. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    The fries are....hot!
    :dancer:

    There's something new!:dex:

    :rofl: :lol:

    :handshake:

    :salute:
     
    NortheastAl, leoht, eatonpcat and 6 others like this.
  4. tree killer

    tree killer

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2015
    Messages:
    2,463
    Likes Received:
    16,916
    Location:
    Central me
    That stuffs bad for you anyway . Think of it as artery preservation when they just don't take your order.
     
    NortheastAl, JustWood, leoht and 8 others like this.
  5. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Yeah...it could be why I have a stent...
    But I don't eat here often, so unless I die in the next 12-24 hours...it probably can't be blamed on McDonald's

    :bug:

    :rofl: :lol:
     
  6. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Ok

    I'm done eating and it should be at least a few minutes till my stomach starts to rumble, so more on this picture menu...

    Oh!
    Uh oh! BRB...
     
  7. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Ok
    I'm back...

    So more on this picture menu.

    I see they now have 'Signature Crafted Recipes"
    They look amazing ... and I'd really like to try that one burger in the pic!

    No no, not the one they actually serve!!!
    The one in the picture!!!

    Com' on seriously! Just once I'd like to get one like in the picture ... you know the one...the one with steam and juice pouring out of it, and the thick juicy burger hanging out past the bun in every direction! :hair:

    :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
  8. Midwinter

    Midwinter

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2017
    Messages:
    19,846
    Likes Received:
    130,475
    Location:
    Nashua, NH
  9. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Can't see how McD's can be bad for your health. Every time I indulge I end up being able to Chit thru a screen door @ 10 paces with in 15 minutes of eating it.......................................:beerbbq:..15,14,13...........:fart::fart::fart::fart:
     
  10. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    I even ate at a McDonalds today. Their chicken sandwich is not too bad. Don't want to go there often though. However, we've stopped at those places when on trips and we do like to stop for breakfast. I usually like their pancakes. Only once have I got bad ones.
     
  11. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,115
    Likes Received:
    163,190
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Oh man, I'm cracking up reading this. Chit thru a screen door...:rofl: :lol:
    McDees doesn't bother me...but someone I know that does tend to have a "reaction" to McDees says you never want to go there for lunch on a workday if its real hot or real cold out...he works construction and says those porta crappers are no place to spend much time if its real hot or real cold out. :rofl: :lol: :doh: :rofl: :lol:
     
  12. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,115
    Likes Received:
    163,190
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Oh, and BTW, a little piece of trivia...whenever you see those perfect and really tasty looking pictures of food...yeah, its not even real...they make that stuff out of plastic, polyurethane, and foam. When I started spraying bed liners back in '99, the company that made the P-urethane also manufactured the products used to make those props for photo shoots, movies, theater, etc, etc.
     
  13. Marshel54

    Marshel54

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2016
    Messages:
    1,663
    Likes Received:
    12,913
    Location:
    Ohio
    Probably couldn't taste much difference between the Polyburger and the real thing. :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
  14. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,115
    Likes Received:
    163,190
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Here's your shirt... :D :rofl: :lol:
    [​IMG]
     
  15. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    I gotta put a screen on the porcelain now just reading about McDees....
    :eek:
    :bug:

    :rofl: :lol:
     
  16. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,713
    Likes Received:
    224,352
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    "Like goose crap through a barbed wire fence!"

    Haven't been eating at any fast food places for a while now. Last one was Arbys for the reuben sandwich you see advertised on TV.

    Yeah, same thing......didn't look much like the one in the pictures!
     
  17. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Nor does it taste like it looks in the picture :confused:
    :doh:
     
  18. Midwinter

    Midwinter

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2017
    Messages:
    19,846
    Likes Received:
    130,475
    Location:
    Nashua, NH
    I dunno, I think they're pretty good! Hey, anything with sauerkraut can't be all bad.
     
  19. JWinIndiana

    JWinIndiana

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2017
    Messages:
    1,440
    Likes Received:
    8,770
    Location:
    NorthWest Indiana
    If you want fresh hot fries from McD's, ask them for no salt on your fries. They will run a fresh batch for that request. They never look at me funny either when I ask for a couple of salt packets at the window when getting my order.
     
  20. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,482
    Likes Received:
    113,753
    Location:
    KC Metro
    My stomach can’t handle McDonalds or Sonic.... That started about 5 years ago...
     
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018