New Honda. Splitter's third engine. New Winch. Splitter's second. Using the winch to keep the saw's chain out of the gravel. Splitting an ugly round. Notice more splitting power with the new engine.
Gotta keep ‘em fitted with good parts to keep getting work out of them, right campinspecter? And the splitter requires/works the same way, too.... JK y’all
The eyelet you have in the split the shackle is connected to, what is the correct term for it? Is it a pound in? For moving logs, is it difficult to remove or is it required to split the round in order to get it out?
Nice Allan. What size is that engine? We put a new motor on our splitter last year but haven't yet used it much. Heck, Mrs TurboDiesel and Fire Flake have used it more than I have with the new engine.
Its called a log dog. Three or four good whacks with a five pound hammer and it's set. By hitting on either side of the eye, it comes out fairly easy. I usually line a split crack to it and it just falls out. Here is a post that I did a while back. Log Dogs
Thank you for sending the link to the log dog thread. I remember seeing your splitter in another thread and wondering then.