What was a log load last Saturday at 7:00 am is now a sea of rounds. Took 3 partial days of cutting. Not bad. I’m about 2 gallons of mix and a corresponding amount of bar oil into this load, maybe about $10.00. Time for a beer! Last pieces of red maple were like running a hot knife through butter compared to running with a buried nose in red oak. Still looking like a little shy of 4 cords.
What length are you cutting Paul? Have you split most of it already or still that much to go. Whatever, it is a lot of work and you deserve a couple cold beers.
16”. Nothing from this load has been split yet. What is in the background was split last fall. It’s been waiting for a spot to get stacked.
Yeah, 16-17" is really happy in the quadrafire 4100. So did you steer clear of any metal in the logs?
Well that load of logs looks a lot better as a sea of rounds. Great job Paul bunion! But where is your snow? its still 3 feet deep here in the woods..
Unfortunately no. I caught something on the first log today. But on the fortunate side I felt it immediately and backed off. Over the years I’ve become pretty in tune with the feeling when you hit metal. No major damage to the chain, a pass with the file and it was back in business.
You've been a busy beaver Paul bunion You made short work of that load of logs. I'd say it's beer o'clock at your place.