I picked up some 8 ft long 2-3/8" pipe and want to build a firewood rack. What's the best/easiest way to make a saddle cut, I don't have a torch or a plasma torch yet.
A holesaw in a slow drill works ok. Drill pipe from both sides and use a rod instead of a drill bit in the mandrel of the saw. A length of pallet strapping with 2 holes punched with the distance at 1/2 of the circumference of the pipe helps in the marking out.
I tried a chop saw, one side was great and the other to deep. So my next try is with a cut off wheel, this should be fine.
Long day working on this project. I had to install a 50 amp plug in the shop for the Lincoln stick welder, it's on the South end of the shop. The big door is on the North wall so this is a less than idea spot. I got the rack tacked up and this is the first time stick welding in a Looooooong time.