In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I Cant Stop

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Woodwhore, Mar 22, 2018.

  1. Woodwhore

    Woodwhore

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2016
    Messages:
    2,371
    Likes Received:
    19,091
    Location:
    Mason NH
    We are clearing everything on yard side of the river for big gardening project. I cant stop cutting, im having alot of fun. Atleast i can get the splitter down there. Save -a- thread insert is doing well in the 576. D4CDA7C2-EC2F-409C-8BB4-F869EB7FF754.jpeg 06165845-F594-477D-BB82-F4796DF66C92.jpeg DB652DE1-17C5-448F-A038-C8709FF51DC3.jpeg 1CACCAA9-B820-4C6D-93A2-62533238333B.jpeg Heavy lean good thing i relieved some tention. Kept going with the bore cut instead of back cut/trigger so you see what happened E35F0DF2-FBC6-4B5B-8AA0-4FCC1DAE9485.jpeg
     
  2. M2theB

    M2theB

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2017
    Messages:
    3,004
    Likes Received:
    19,226
    Location:
    Central Massachusetts
    Looks like a perfect day to do it too! I'm jealous!
     
  3. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Ended with Corona Light?:cheers:
     
  4. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,713
    Likes Received:
    224,347
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    Naw. Thats for cleaning up the sawdust.
     
  5. Mag Craft

    Mag Craft

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2014
    Messages:
    4,802
    Likes Received:
    27,736
    Location:
    South East Wyoming
    Looking good. That looked like some nice straight trees.
     
  6. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,453
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Well, look at your screen name. :handshake:
     
  7. Woodwhore

    Woodwhore

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2016
    Messages:
    2,371
    Likes Received:
    19,091
    Location:
    Mason NH
    Hahaha i knew someone would pick up on that, not from that day, the wife likes her corona by the burn pile sometimes. I on the other hand have to stick to seltzer water. Im diabetic and the alcohol doesn’t agree with the blood sugar, and the fact i used to drink way too much of it. Those will split real nice. One is hickory and some of that will be for the indoor bbqing season. Looking forward to a fun outdoor weekend.
     
  8. Woodwhore

    Woodwhore

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2016
    Messages:
    2,371
    Likes Received:
    19,091
    Location:
    Mason NH
    Ya theyll split nice, theres a white oak behind em thats gonna need a rope, trunks twisted and all the weights on the opposite side of the drop zone, and the pool is on the weighted side.
     
  9. Midwinter

    Midwinter

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2017
    Messages:
    19,846
    Likes Received:
    130,475
    Location:
    Nashua, NH
    Do you scoop the sawdust off the snow? I'm too late for that, the snow in my yard is mostly gone, and I have a big pile to cut!
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  10. grandgourmand

    grandgourmand

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2016
    Messages:
    1,322
    Likes Received:
    7,436
    Location:
    Ontario
    Nice pics...did you grill anything on that little Weber?
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  11. Woodwhore

    Woodwhore

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2016
    Messages:
    2,371
    Likes Received:
    19,091
    Location:
    Mason NH
    No I dont. If i make fire starters i just dig into the tablesaw bag. I dump the tablesaw bag in the mulch pile, unless theres pressure treated dust. Do you do anything special with the dust?
     
  12. Woodwhore

    Woodwhore

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2016
    Messages:
    2,371
    Likes Received:
    19,091
    Location:
    Mason NH
    Thank you, no i did not, only had an hour outside, had to go in and hang with my little guy while my wife and daughter went out. This time of year i do cook alot on my indoor grill, thats what most of that hickory tree will be for. But ya i love grillin outside while workin or brush burnin, that little weber doesnt leave that spot. Thanks
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  13. Midwinter

    Midwinter

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2017
    Messages:
    19,846
    Likes Received:
    130,475
    Location:
    Nashua, NH
    No, just try to clean it up! Sometimes we cut in the driveway and I sweep it up, sometimes we lay down a few tarps, and sometimes I try to rake it up. Here's my to-do pile, we plan to cut it up tomorrow. IMG_20180323_25328.jpg
     
  14. Woodwhore

    Woodwhore

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2016
    Messages:
    2,371
    Likes Received:
    19,091
    Location:
    Mason NH
    Nice, good amount of wood there, that whole clearing is just bare ground and rocks (ugh) so i dont worry about the small stuff yet.
     
    Backwoods Savage and Midwinter like this.
  15. Woodwhore

    Woodwhore

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2016
    Messages:
    2,371
    Likes Received:
    19,091
    Location:
    Mason NH
    So ,im standing at the top left of this waterfall/driveway pic to take the next picture of all the clearing i did on the house side of the river. 7AE2C37A-82F8-446E-B4B4-279D9E002A72.jpeg So the latest pics im working down behind the pool at the top right. BDA76272-87A5-4883-84AB-F02D8400B5B8.jpeg ​
     
    milleo, Woodwidow, Mag Craft and 2 others like this.
  16. Woodwhore

    Woodwhore

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2016
    Messages:
    2,371
    Likes Received:
    19,091
    Location:
    Mason NH
    looks like all your snow is melting faster than mine Midwinter
     
    Backwoods Savage and Midwinter like this.
  17. Midwinter

    Midwinter

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2017
    Messages:
    19,846
    Likes Received:
    130,475
    Location:
    Nashua, NH
    That's a lovely spot! Will it be a vegetable garden or an ornamental garden? I can imagine little wood chips paths ambling down to the brook...
    My front yard gets full sun, so it tends to melt pretty quick.
     
    Backwoods Savage and Woodwhore like this.
  18. Woodwhore

    Woodwhore

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2016
    Messages:
    2,371
    Likes Received:
    19,091
    Location:
    Mason NH
    My wife says a wimsicle garden with paths, vegetable gardens, flowers, raised beds, some log and rock stairs in the hillside, slide in the hillside for the kids, all kinds of ideas. Lots of work with no real equipment. I got a husqvarna lawn tractor and a splitter. The rest is wheelbarrow and me. I really need a quad!
     
    Backwoods Savage and Midwinter like this.
  19. Midwinter

    Midwinter

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2017
    Messages:
    19,846
    Likes Received:
    130,475
    Location:
    Nashua, NH
    Terraces will be a lot of work. Take a page from LodgedTree and map the site contours, so you can enhance the high spots that are already there. If they are of any use to you I've got 20-odd granite cobblestones you can have, drop in the bucket, I know.
     
    Woodwhore likes this.
  20. LodgedTree

    LodgedTree

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2016
    Messages:
    2,371
    Likes Received:
    9,428
    Location:
    Maine
    Thanks for the mention Midwinter. I like modeling up the contours because it gives a better sense of what is occurring and far easier to make changes on a model than in real life.

    I also suggest going to the USDA-NRCS website, Web Soil Survey so Woodwhore and his wife (because I would not live to be 10,000 years old and type Mrs WW, because that just seems so, so, so, so WRONG), can see what they have for soil, how deep to bedrock, the classification of the land is, water percolation, etc. It is kind of a clunky site to use, but has a lot of information on it that is for sure.

    Web Soil Survey - Home

    Woodwhore: I hope you see the humor regarding your name, and the awkwardness of placing Mrs before it. I am in NO WAY trying to offend you your bride.
     
    Midwinter likes this.