Our son took a quick trip up with his 2 huskies, to check our place out, and just sent me a pic. Said when he stepped off the trail he went down to his hips. Looks like the lil cabin has survived the winter of 2014… so far. Wish I'd gone too now that I see the snow…
Yep. He said there was 4 feet of snow on the lawns downtown on his way up. They got hammered this year. And, more coming Tues-Weds I guess. Those humps of snow to the right of the cabin are 2 picnic tables… so the settled snow depth is at the tops of them. Wow.
We all love it. And, it's sitting right on the old stone foundation of a farm that was there in the 1800s. How they survived up there… whew.
Yeah, I really should have crashed his party and gone with him. But, I know he loves that solitude too.
Looks like you have a big pile of snow that the roof shed also. I bet a 6 pack that you are going to be able to chill beer in snow until May 10.
Very nice place! Looks like a great view off the front porch with that clearing in front to give you an unobstructed view of the mountain range. I'm surprised to see that much snow still left there... Do you have a wood stove and electric in the cabin?
Yup, that's the stove in my avatar thingy. We have a small gen that comes and goes with us. It lands in the outhouse where it's plugged into a line we buried up to the cabin, and, the gen does an amazing job of providing a "heated outhouse" for the ladies… very popular… I've been there with temps below zero and howling… that OH is so warm, you gotta take your coat off… just right fer some serious thinkin…
I bet that stove can roast your out too! Didn't see any wood piles so wasn't sure what the chimney was for... My girls would like that OH too..... Your a better salesman than me....
Ha… I'll admit (to you anyway) that I'd never even thought of the gen as a heat source… but, of course, when the girls started raving about it… let's just say it was big… Yep, the stove does fine but we have the 2 beds on each side of it. Windows open a bit when we hit the sack… ice on the floor in the monin. That usually moves me right along to the small wood and coffee… real quick… My 2 sons might be wanting a couple days up there now so…
I'll go look Loon… While looking, here's a fav… Giz showing my grandson how to enjoy puddles (a reminder there is grass under all the snow)… still looking…
Here's Giz looking ovah the crew… Sniff check on the new wood down… I found a pic of the above mentioned heated "think tank"… Now… I've hi-jacked my own thread… at least it looks a little warmer…
Very interesting place you have there! I see Giz liked the smell of fresh cut Cherry trees also! If your at all like me, you enjoy going out there to spend time messing around and enjoying outdoor time in that beautiful setting. Giz probably enjoys it also by the looks of it.