In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Built Guns?

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by foragefarmer, Oct 18, 2013.

  1. foragefarmer

    foragefarmer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,479
    Likes Received:
    4,567
    Location:
    Central, Virginia
    Who has them?

    I will start it out.

    .25 06 Ruger m77 tang safety. Shillen SS barrel, 2 pound worked trigger, bedded, lapped scope rings, Leupold VX III 4.5-14.

    Hawknest Custom Rifle

    [​IMG]

    I am shooting a 100 gr. Sierra Pro Hunter and 53 gr. of IMR 4350. At 53 gr. it is lightly compressed and the gun doesn't sound normal to the point that everyone who hears it comments, and asks "WTF is that?" But it will shoot and drops them in their tracks.
     
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    milleo, clemsonfor and BrianK like this.
  2. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Very Nice! I love the .25 06 caliber and then couple that with a Ruger and it's a match made in heaven.
     
  3. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    Not sure if it classifies as a "worked" gun but here's my Rem700 Customshop .308. Bought it off my buddy's dad a few years ago. It's a freakin tack driver out to 300 and still pretty darn accurate after that even with my shakey hands. Not sure on the trigger pull but if ya breathe on it just right, she'll go off lol.
    [​IMG]

    Some awsome grain in the stock!
    [​IMG]

    Sold the weatherby markV before i even shot it :(
     
  4. foragefarmer

    foragefarmer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,479
    Likes Received:
    4,567
    Location:
    Central, Virginia
    Very nice. :thumbs:

    Speaking of Remington, Not a built gun but I bought a 700 VLS .223 in near unfired condition and he worked it for me and I have shot a .2" 5 shot group with it. It has a 12 oz trigger. And he cut the barrel down and re-crowned it. And lapped the barrel, lapped the scope rings, bedded it, checked the head space, and worked up a load for it.

    First year of production for the VLS and the only year it had a sporter stock they went to a bench style stock afterwards.

    [​IMG]

    I am down to .75 pounds of Varget so I have not been shooting it as much as I like.

    The problem with guns like this is that there are no excuses it is all operator error!