In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

We've got TS to deal with also on top of the ISO stuff...if I'm not mistaken, their trying to tie them together this year... or something like that... we've got two internal audits in the next two months ... then May is our ISO audit, followed by June's TS audit (which is normally in august, but since it's changing to the new system... we've got to get a head start to keep the ball rolling...)

2. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

:picard::headbang: Sorry to hear that!

3. Horkn

Horkn

Unfortunately it wasn't just the factory spec for ford tires. My oldest brother had an AWD aerostar van, that had aftermarket firestones on it ( not the same model tires that the explorer had) and one of the front tires delaminated not even 5k after getting them mounted. It made him veer off the road and flip over after hitting a culvert. He was 100% fine, but the van was totalled. Our tire installer where we bought them from would not back us. The insurance company wrote it off, and I don't even think they gave my brother any blame.

4. Horkn

Horkn

We just got through our ISO audit. Fun times.

5. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

Good that he wasn’t hurt. I still won’t buy Firestone tires.

6. Horkn

Horkn

Neither will I. He's not a car guy, but late last year, he needed tires for his gf's car and asked me about firestone fr710's. I asked him what tires delaminated causing his van to flip years ago. He got it then. :whistle::yes:

7. bogieb

bogieb

We have our AS9100 recert to the latest standard (we are certified to C but have to go to D by August). That should be interesting as our Quality Manager position has been in flux since last July (manager retired, had an interim manager who got let go then they just hired a guy 2 weeks ago)

8. lukem

lukem

Supposed to get 3" - 6" of rain over the next several days. Got mud?

bogieb, Horkn, Chvymn99 and 5 others like this.
  9. NortheastAl

NortheastAl

That’s way too much, especially if the ground hasn’t thawed yet.

bogieb, Horkn, Chvymn99 and 3 others like this.
  10. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I was worried about driving to town today in the snow storm, national weather service continuous snow last night through tonight. Idk, I'm looking at sunshine and clear skies? Only an inch or so here from last night.

Edit, clouds moved in quickly, getting dark and turning on lights :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    bogieb, Horkn, Chvymn99 and 5 others like this.
  11. Midwinter

Midwinter

If you get snowed in, maybe you could try this! bLbUUyt.jpg

12. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

So far we've had only a sprinkle here but rain south of us.

Got some information this morning; looking at putting up another barn this year.

NortheastAl, Thor, bogieb and 8 others like this.
  13. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Kubota house plus a little?

14. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

The rain has started:eek:..
    The snow is melting..

15. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

:headbang:stupid azzhole dog escaped today while I was at work. Wife and a few neighbors were trying to corral him a few houses down when the junkie girl in the house next to where they are opens her door to yell about them not supposedan to be in there.... then let's her yorkie out after being told that he escaped. Little dog runs over and is picked up and shook like a rag doll by my chithead. $4k for surgery, wife agreed to pay half.

I wanna take ol yeller out back. Had it with this dog.

clemsonfor likes this.
  16. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Yay, she looks adorable and survived the piercing guns!

:hair: on the drive home, almost an hour, 18 miles of sometimes complete white out on from blowing snow. I was feeling carsick or seasick or something every few minutes from the optical illusion of the direction of the snow, especially on curves at those times I could not see the painted lanes but the snow went north the entire time regardless of where I was. But we made it home in one piece:)

ETA, I was asked my relation to her 3 times by 3 different employees there :picard:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  17. rottiman

rottiman

Raining, foggy and 35. Miserably damp and cool outside 73 here in the cave with a gentle fire purring.................:singingintherain:

18. lukem

lukem

Funny, I don't remember getting hit by a bus this morning, but daaaaaaaammmmmmnnn do I feel like it. Suck factor will be high on the trip home tonight.

19. shaggy wood dump hoarder

shaggy wood dump hoarder

To anyone that is curious about break clean, I can tell you first hand as of yesterday, that it does indeed hurt when in your eyes. I was spraying out a broken grease zerk, with my safety glasses on the top of my head, squinting (just in case of course) sprayed a shot, good, sprayed another, great! Sprayed one last blast, it splashed back right onto my left eye! I saw it happen in slow motion taking time to reflect how stupid that was, and even remembering a sign in shop class in high school stating "protect your eyes, not your hair" and then it hit my eye, GOLLLLLY! THAT SHIZ BURNS!!! I turn around and find my way to the shop door, open it and since it was so bright out compared to inside it hurt more! Got it flushed out, wife got home after a while and did some eye drops, by the end of the day it was better. So to anyone just wondering, don't do it!!!

20. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Ouch, Sorry!

I just took my humidifier out of retirement, the new bottle of bacteriostat stuff was delivered, warning on the back that says causes permanent and irreversible damage if splashed in eyes. It has a normal cap (as did my last brand), you'd think they'd put a childproof lid on it.