In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Who needs directions??

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by ironpony, Feb 1, 2018.

  1. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,745
    Likes Received:
    20,782
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    IMG_0946.JPG

    This is what is left of the directions for the new lockset. Lucy decided we did not need any stinking directions. This is Lucy coming down the steps to the exterior basement door which was getting the new lockset

    IMG_0950.JPG
     
    milleo, savemoney, Woodwidow and 12 others like this.
  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Good girl, Lucy. :rofl: :lol:
    I actually had to read the directions :hair: for the set I just put on the new back door. A bit different than what I'm used to installing. Wife bought it. Brinks.
     
    savemoney, Eric VW, bogieb and 3 others like this.
  3. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    :rofl: :lol: a lab chewing or eating something? What's new :) At least she didn't actually swallow them.

    How old is she now?
     
    papadave, savemoney, Eric VW and 5 others like this.
  4. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,484
    Likes Received:
    113,766
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Must of been that Ground hog... that came out of its hole for a surprise peek...

    Besides look at that face.... it's totally innocent....

    :D
     
    milleo, savemoney, Eric VW and 2 others like this.
  5. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,458
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Lol. Dog is my co pilot.
     
    papadave, savemoney, Eric VW and 2 others like this.
  6. bogieb

    bogieb

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2015
    Messages:
    12,558
    Likes Received:
    76,374
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    I'll bet you can probably find instructions online too. Not that I'm suggesting that you need them since that would revoke your man card :D - it would be just to make your other half happy of course
     
    Chaz, milleo, savemoney and 3 others like this.
  7. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,745
    Likes Received:
    20,782
    Location:
    Mid Ohio


    6 months, very smart and loyal, she spends everyday with me, rehabbing houses. Those are step we just finished and she is inspecting them.
     
  8. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,745
    Likes Received:
    20,782
    Location:
    Mid Ohio


    It was just a standard lockset, simple. It did take me a while to find the keys which were inside the directions. I found them when I was sweeping up, no panic though it is a Smartlock from Kwickset so you can rekey it to any key, pretty neat system. You put in a little pick, insert the new key, turn it and it is re keyed.
     
    papadave, savemoney, Chvymn99 and 2 others like this.
  9. bogieb

    bogieb

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2015
    Messages:
    12,558
    Likes Received:
    76,374
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    love th Kwicksets!

    All my locks are Quickset. I recently changed out two out of three of my doors to coded locks and was able to re-key them to my current house key (in case the battery dies or I get me some CRS :eek: )
     
  10. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,745
    Likes Received:
    20,782
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    Ah the keypad ones, we have put them on all the doors and bought them for the MIL for Christmas, technology is good, sometimes.
     
  11. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Nice lookin’ steps! :yes:Great lookin’ pup:thumbs: Sad lookin’ instructions:D
     
  12. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,745
    Likes Received:
    20,782
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    we are reinforcing floor joists today, the original house has 2x8's on a 14 foot span. They are very straight amazingly, been there since 1960, checked them with a string. They just have some bounce to them, "we" are going to double every other one, should fix it, amazingly there is nothing run between the joist so I can just slide the new ones in and attach them. If I remember I will add some pics.