In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Gasifier

Gasifier

Thanks for that info. My wife decided a while back she is not going to be keeping her vehicle for 10 years anymore. She will drive it for 2, maybe 3, and then trade it in or I will sell it outright for her.

2. bocefus78

bocefus78

My parents bought the Buick awd model. My mechanic buddy did a timing chain on another one, and I learned a lot by watching him. Watching him scared me into getting that info out to any owners that I know. Those things are capable of sending a family into serious serious debt. An internet search will confirm this fast enough to make you buy a for sale sign today.

3. Gasifier

Gasifier

Most vehicles are capable of sending a family into serious debt. That is one reason I buy my trucks with low mileage. Drive it for a few years and sell it outright on Craigslist or flea bay. While the mileage is still low. I usually make out very well. My wife has saved some nice money driving this Honda for 10 years though. No monthly payments for the last five years. That was nice.

4. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Dry this morning on the walk. We caught a glimpse of the Blue, Blood, Super Moon this morning. Faintly through the clouds you could tell it was kind of reddish. Just above freezing as well. Will it be snow or rain or slush when it starts to drip today.

Horkn, Eric VW, milleo and 9 others like this.
  5. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I missed the moon this morning. Got up about 3:30, wrapped up in a blanket and woops, fell asleep. Was it cool? It was very pretty last night though, power went out for a few hours and you could still see outside.

bogieb, Horkn, Eric VW and 6 others like this.
  6. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

We had light clouds... but could still see it... it was pretty interesting... especially when it went into full lunar eclipse...

bogieb, Horkn, Eric VW and 4 others like this.
  7. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Went grocery shopping with wife and a mile from home saw a red fox! 3 in afternoon wandering aimlessly on state highway. No guns in wife car so called state police. As school buses would be there half an hour. No pics sorry. Seemed very odd.

bogieb, milleo, Gasifier and 2 others like this.
  8. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

We looked at those the last time we bought new but the low gas mileage scared us. I really liked it other than that.

bogieb, Horkn, Chvymn99 and 2 others like this.
  9. yooperdave

yooperdave

Cloudy here.

Horkn, Chvymn99 and wildwest like this.
  10. yooperdave

yooperdave

Nothing to worry about....

papadave, bogieb, Horkn and 3 others like this.
  11. Marshel54

Marshel54

Went to the grocery this morning and then to Drug Mart. Drug Mart had bags of meatballs on sale for 10 for $10 plus the give seniors a 10% discount on Weds. At least 10 more meals of spaghetti and meat balls. Now to find garlic bread on sale.
    Bought 8 new fluorescent fixtures for the workshop and got 1 installed. Also bought some 4" long fasteners to secure the ceiling panels.
    The panels are garage door panels and 3" thick. I was wrestling with the 3 1/2" fasteners I had. I don't think I was getting the panels flesh against the rafters or going into the old nail holes and stripping. The 4" fasteners went much better. Only 2 more panels that need some securing and they are off to the side.
    Hopefully get the rest of the lights up tomorrow and then start some cleaning up. It will eventually get done. Pictures then. Probably in the spring.

12. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I have found , for me at least, buying them around 10 years old and driving them is the best pay off for me.

Our highlander that I drive now was bought at 8 years old it is now 17. If I were to sell it today I would get over $4000 for it. Which would mean leSS than $1000 a year. We're I too buy a new car drive it 3 years and sell it, would I make out? I have no idea because I have never bought a new vehicle, and can't afford anything new other than a small car.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  13. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

I couldn’t see it either....thru my eyelids:sleeping:
    :wacky:

14. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

Holy cow up at 5:14 and JUST pulled in the driveway! Ugh long day:sleeping: hopefully it ends now.

15. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Thanks for the heads up. I've never bought an extended warranty, but I will if I end up in one of those.

16. Horkn

Horkn

Yes the current Acadia, traverse and enclave are all on the same chassis. The 2017 and 18s are smaller than the 2016's.

17. Horkn

Horkn

It was full cloud cover here. Wah wahhhhh. Sad trombone. No mega super duper moon

18. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

I had a 99' Tahoe, the fuel pump inside the gas tank went out :rolleyes: not the best place for one. Worst yet, WWW bought a 94' (?) Blazer Tahoe thing at a used lot that year just a month or two earlier, the salesman saw my long Tahoe and suggested the 3rd party extended warranty thing for that exact fuel pump since he heard they were going out. I declined :picard:

Edit, the Blazer thing was a Yukon GT, he adds that it was a bad azz truck and still misses it :(

19. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Pretty much every fuel pump in everything has been in the tank for decades...close to 30 years maybe?

Some companies are smart and make access hatches from inside the vehicle, where you pull up the seat or carpet and just unbolt a cover to access the tank and pull the unit from the inside...but this is very few.

Many people do trucks by pulling the bed off instead of dropping the tank out...esp if the tank is full of fuel!! Fuel pumps never seem to go out near empty!!

20. Horkn

Horkn

Fwiw, all fuel pumps are in the fuel tanks now on any modern car. . Unless there's a defect, the fuel pumps last a long time in the tank as the fuel cools the pumps. Provided, at least that you don't run the vehicle out of gas.