In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Gift from arborist friend

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Greg, Jan 30, 2018.

  1. Greg

    Greg

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2014
    Messages:
    1,589
    Likes Received:
    15,452
    Location:
    Central PA
    1C05A176-A04A-4D63-B445-99C32009B29D.jpeg 1769F570-3FCC-4B85-B468-D41D1F91EA37.jpeg Nice drive by load of pin oak, Long straight pieces and nothing bigger than 18 inches.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Warner

    Warner

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2017
    Messages:
    7,368
    Likes Received:
    47,698
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    I need some new friends!
     
  3. milleo

    milleo

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,317
    Likes Received:
    9,212
    Location:
    Maine
    Wow!!! Nice score...:coldone:
     
  4. Mag Craft

    Mag Craft

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2014
    Messages:
    4,802
    Likes Received:
    27,736
    Location:
    South East Wyoming
    Me too. That is some great wood.
     
  5. MO. Wood

    MO. Wood

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2017
    Messages:
    366
    Likes Received:
    1,975
    Location:
    St. Louis Mo
    Love me some pin oak. Unlike others I enjoy the fresh split smell.
     
  6. BigPapi

    BigPapi

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2016
    Messages:
    1,870
    Likes Received:
    12,766
    Location:
    The hills of Western MA
    Way to go, Greg! Looks like it'll be great to handle, and the price was right. Your scores never cease to impress. :)
     
  7. Mwalsh9152

    Mwalsh9152

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2017
    Messages:
    5,325
    Likes Received:
    38,830
    Location:
    Pelham NH
    My friends suck
     
  8. Ralphie Boy

    Ralphie Boy

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2014
    Messages:
    4,274
    Likes Received:
    29,904
    Location:
    Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
    Every hoarder needs a friend like that!:thumbs:

    I smell beer! :cheers:
     
  9. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Screw it, I’m moving in next to Greg :D
    :rofl: :lol:

    Nice load, nice arborist friend. :handshake:
     
  10. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,718
    Likes Received:
    224,380
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    I'll pick you up in the green truck on the way out there...remember to travel light and pack your saw!
     
  11. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    I’ll pack 2 saws....you can run both of ‘em at the same time....
     
  12. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
  13. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,718
    Likes Received:
    224,380
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    but, but, I ain't got no bisawzual tendencies!
    And don't want to learn!

    :rofl: :lol:
     
  14. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,718
    Likes Received:
    224,380
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    That is a great score and a good friend you have there Greg !!!
     
  15. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    61,982
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    Definitely a good friend to have.
    Oh, to have some oak to put in my stove.
    Mostly ash and soft maple on my property. Have like 7 red oaks in total over 22 acres. :(

    Chaz
     
  16. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    :sherlock:
    Not ambivalentdextrous, eh?:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
    :zip:
     
  17. Greg

    Greg

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2014
    Messages:
    1,589
    Likes Received:
    15,452
    Location:
    Central PA
    Come on up. I won’t tell them your from Confederate territory. I think I get the arborist calls because they know I’ll be there when I say and will clean up after myself !
     
    Ashwatcher, MO. Wood, Horkn and 4 others like this.
  18. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,718
    Likes Received:
    224,380
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    There you go again. Words I have to look up and strikethrough!
     
  19. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,718
    Likes Received:
    224,380
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    He's a transplant from L.I. ;)
     
    Ashwatcher, MO. Wood, Horkn and 2 others like this.
  20. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    At least that’s all I’ve “trans-ed”.....:faint:
    :rofl: :lol: