Maine Lobsters Are Being Displaced by Wealthy Lobsters From Away As one guy I worked with told me, " just 'cause you live in Maine now, don't make you a mainer, you can't really say that until you have a few generations in the graveyard, in Maine, and no living relatives in Massachusetts "
I use to work in Vermont and they say the same thing. They call the newcomers flatlanders. I do feel bad for those lobstas
That's because the people from Boston and New York City. Move up here to get away from the headaches down there. Then try to turn Vermont place into what they left. Back when Vermont was run by farmers, the legislature started in January and you can guarantee they were done by planting season. Now they have extended sessions and get paid until July. I'll stop now so it doesn't get political. The new one is Burlington, Vermont's largest city and where Bernie Sanders first got politically elected. And the farmers now say Burlington is great because you can get to real Vermont from there.
He was a couple years ago, I don't watch a lot of TV so he might not be any more. My nieces and nephews liked him.
When we lived in Maine, there was a half serious movement to divide the state east to west near Agusta and call the southern part North Massachusetts. Fitting in a way, Maine was part of Massachusetts until 1850, when it became a state so that Missouri could join as a slave state, keeping the balance between free and slave states in the Senate.