The two f/c or 0.62 of a cord in behind the well has Yellow Birch,Sugar Maple,Beech and Soft Maple and the one f/c or 0.31 of a cord with the tarp pulled down more is all 2 & 3 year old American Hophornbeam so things are looking good. We still have four f/c or 1.24 cord nice Sugar Maple,Beech,Yellow Birch and Soft Maple for spring along with another two f/c of pine left from our shoulder season wood from the fall. If it's a long cold spring we have another two f/c of Hemlock,Pine,Elm and some other wood.
Are my calculations correct that you cut your wood to 14.88" long? Looks like a great supply of wood to get you through the month of Feb...
One f/c. If we don't need it which will give us four f/c of seasoned Ironwood for next year. I remember the first time I cut some and the sparks started to fly, wtf.
Some is 14.75 but I changed over to 15 inches about two or three years ago so there's a mix. I think all the wood we'll be burning next heating season will be 15 inches long.
Thanks Well Seasoned & NH mountain man , it should put off some nice heat especially if we mix in some Ironwood.
Love me some hornbeam! That's a premium stack of dry BTUs . I just filled my wood room with wood from the shed . I plan on emptying it this year. Will be the first time in 10+ years. There is some beech at the back that is probably 12 years dry . We got a chit ton of snow in Dec and my heaphausen which I normally pull from is buried so to the attached shed we go. I'll be glad when all this beech is gone. It coals and heats well but it soots up the forced draft vents on my furnace and it doesn't run as well as maple, hickory and oak.
I I haven't paid any attention to the weather forecast . Haven't heard any flood warnings either and some areas have a lot of snow pack. Here not so much.
We don't have much snow either, what's left is like a rock so the snowmobile season is on hold........again.
several chances of a couple inches of snow at a time next week supposed to be nice tomorrow though hope to get the saw out and clean up the last of the oak and pine limbs that came down in the weather so far this year.
We had one 4 x 4 rack of wood that was getting down to the last three rows so we decided to put in some wood. We put the last of what was left of the stack we were drawing from and then one load of our February wood which we should start in burning in February. Wood that is left we planned on burning that is outside. 4 f/c of Beech,The Maples and Yellow Birch on the eastside of the house Just under 2 f/c of The Maples, Yellow Birch and Beech on the northside One f/c of American Hop-Hornbeam Just under 2 f/c of Pine on the northwest part of our lot We have another 2 f/c of a mixture of Hemlock,Pine,Elm and Cherry but would like that for the fall shoulder season.