While the window was getting done we made the poor guys hungry with the crock pot smells... I feel sorta bad about that!
Thanks brother! We kept the stove rolling while the window got installed and it actually hit 40F with sunshine it was great! I’ve got nothing but good things to say about the installers. We even talked woodstoves One of them has a stove bird problem...
That looks a lot like the ones we just had put in. Yep, nice and tight....and quieter than the old winders too.
Did you have a window thread? I must have missed that! O man they are very quiet! Virtually no noise from outside.
So worth it. I had an old single pane Andersen crank out hopper window over the sink. I replaced it with a 400 series and it was such an improvement. No more drafts or foggy window.
fishingpol would you recommend the Anderson 400 series? How long you had them etc? The reason I ask is I have replaced 10 windows in this 36 year old house. And probably have another 15 to do. The real issue is vinyl windows will not go in this house they will stick out like a sore thumb.
I really like them. No issues, installed well. No complaints. I bought them for the wood interior trim. They must be in close to 10 years now. No regrets.
thanks fishingpol, yeah my house probably has more wood than sheet rock. So 10 years is a good recommendation.
CB, I put 5 400s in the stove room about 2 years ago. Very nice windows. We wanted the wood inside as well on those.
Thanks papadave, I do have 7 of Anderson 700 series iirc, full screen double hung put in 10 years ago. They were to be fair they are also 48 wide and 66 tall. Got a little frustrated when Anderson did not cover my side by side crank outs, which are bigger, people that built house liked glass but not air. Double hung replaced 3/4 fixed glass with casement bottoms.
I have 3 giant fixed pane windows in my living room I want to replace. They are double paned but you wouldn't know it by the amount of ice they collect when it gets real cold. I need to take some measurements and send them to my window guy. I'm sure it won't be cheap.