I cut our tree down on Dec. 2nd. It went right in the house with water. Now due to the heat in the living room from cranking the stove for this subzero weather it is budding out all over, I is drinking 2 pints of water a day. Kinda cool! It has happened to us before.
Wow, I've never seen a cut tree do that! Shows you really are taking good care of it. My tree is fake, but it is still up. I leave it up until I tire of it. Seems to shorten the winter.
Another comment, what an old fashion looking tree. I haven't seen a tree like that for at least 35 years. Brings back lots of old fond memories. Tinsel, big lights, traditional glass ornaments and a real living tree. I almost had forgotten what a tree looked like when I was a kid. Thank you for sharing.
Seeing as ours was bought and probably cut down quite a while before we bought it, it definitely didn't bud and didn't drink much water. That is so cool. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Yeah, around here the commercial cutters begin cutting Christmas trees in October! That's a long time for them to go without water.
I go to a farm 5 miles away that plants hundreds of trees out back in the big fields, all they do is mow around them once or twice a year, they do no shaping, just field grown. They have a steel box bolted to a pole with saws hanging on it. You grab a saw and walk through the trees and drive over to another field and look at those while remembering your favorite so far. Narrow it down and do the deed. Hang the saw back on the pole and stick ten bucks in the slot on the steel box. You hardly ever see anyone, I've been doing this for decades and never even seen the farmer out back once. Here are a couple other pics with out the morning sun.
Yeah, they were good. She ripened all the green ones indoors that were picked right before the frost. We had fresh Cherry tomatoes into mid December