In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Horkn

Horkn

Mom's still not out of the hospital. She's having issues keeping the crappy hospital food down enough to get released. It's psychosomatic, but she needs to get out of the hospital. She'll do better one she's at her sisters, then her own house.

The trip to Florida is postponed a month or so, and my oldest brother, aka the unemployed one, is able to go out to help Mom and assist her. He'll be flying in from the West coast to help get a couple weeks. Then she can go to Florida to visit the middle brother.

2. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

That can be difficult, for you. Patience. You can only do so much, try not to stress about the stuff you can't control. Pulling for you... :yes:

3. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Finally working on "new" deck plans for the spring. Getting material quotes, permitting costs, engineering stamps, etc.... all the cost's down. I don't want any major surprises in cost. Trying to decide on a deck surface- PT, Trex, IPE,...etc..? Mom gave me 2 years to have it done before she visits, it will be done. I promised.
    In the meantime, "Team America: World Police" is playing and I'm laughing! Matt and Trey are irreverent, funny s.o.b.'s. That is all, G-night.

4. Bgoathill

Bgoathill

First kid of 2018 on the ground. Born during the day when it had warmed up to around -5.

2018 kid #1.jpg

5. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Resist!! Seriously, find some place for it, you'll regret it later if you toss it.
    ( OK, trophys take up space, but keep the medals and equip. ) You can pin the medals to your Gi and hang it on a wall as a testament. I didn't do this and really, really wish I had. Good luck, hope it's not too late.

6. Horkn

Horkn

Yes, I watched the last few minutes of this again. My wife was of doing something else. She walked in to the final "speech" scene and gave me the "WTF are you watching" look. She was laughing though. :thumbs:

7. Horkn

Horkn

Yes, my mom knows how to push my buttons. Other people's as well.

I just want her to get back to healthy. I think she learned a lesson about being careful. She's finally retired, she's got all the time to do what she wants/ needs to do now. No gotta go to work getting in the way.

8. shaggy wood dump hoarder

shaggy wood dump hoarder

Does the f in -15°f mean f this I'm moving somewhere warmer?

9. Gasifier

Gasifier

:rofl: :lol: That very well could be it with these temperatures and this wind!:rofl: :lol:

10. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

Move where though? It was 31 degrees in Daytona Beach yesterday morning

11. Gasifier

Gasifier

Was out the door at 5:35 and down to the barn to feed the horses. Then off to see my Dad. Brought him a large coffee and a breakfast sandwich. We have breakfast in and caffeine going in. He has already finished his coffee and is dozing off in his chair. I don’t think he got much sleep last night. He goes to bed around 10PM and wakes up at all hours. Sometimes he is up at 2:30 or 3;00. :confused:

12. bogieb

bogieb

Which is 46* warmer than -15, so not a bad deal in comparison.

13. rottiman

rottiman

Awesome job Gas...........Spending the time with him means more to him than you realize. The horses love you too. We woke up to -16 this a.m. and the wind still hasn't given up. Supposed to start easing up tomorrow. Coffee is really good this a.m. and both stoves are choochin on. Next job on the list is breakfast. Everyone try to stay warm today.

14. Stinny

Stinny

Monin... :coffee::coffee:... my neighbor's 7 yr old son (and Dad) came over to shovel our front small deck (3' deep snow) and clean up the 12 feet of walkway after I moved 80% of the deeo stuff out with the JD. It was 7:30 PM. It was cold, below zero wind chill. He has wanted to do this work for us and was chomping at the bit to go at it. Got it all done no sweat. Tough kid. I am pretty fired up to find such a good hard working kid who wants to work... right across the road. Can you say "firewood stacker"... ;)

papadave, KsKent, Horkn and 8 others like this.
  15. Stinny

Stinny

Good stuff right there T... :yes:

16. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Coffee is going...and tasting mighty fine... Breakfast is next... Then doing some research on refrigerators... Mine seems to have died yesterday... Luckily got a good beer fridge and extra freezer to hold the stuff till I get some research...Its been a decent fridge for being 8 years old... Got it a the dent and refurb section at NFM... it was keeping things "too cold" ... So I'll be bringing in the beer fridge (bought at the same place with a dent in the front door) for a while till I find one... any opinions on good brands now...

17. yooperdave

yooperdave

NFM?

Locally, our power company will pick up and haul away any running refrigerator and give you a $50 credit/check.

It is run by another company but you do have to be a current customer of participating utility providers...

Coffee here also. Next cup will empty the first pot.

I have a date for breakfast! (if she ever wakes up!)

18. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

NFM = Nebraska Furniture Mart.... They have a good scratch and dent section... with good discounts attached to them...

19. rottiman

rottiman

Budweiser Light........................Dilly,Dilly !!!!!!!!!

20. rottiman

rottiman

You better have it ready when she does get up.......................:rofl: :lol: