In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Picked up a few used chains

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by clemsonfor, Mar 13, 2014.

  1. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Stopped by one of my loggers today. Saw his saw box was open. I was eyeing what looked like a 6month old or so husky 576. Felt awfully bulky and heavy compared to the 372. Oh and they had already busted the chain brake handle off of it !!!

    Saw the boxes of new chains and then in the top tray he had all the "junk" used chains. That still looked like 80% plus off the tooth was there. I said you gonna sharpen those? He said noah once they pull them off they won't use them again. He said grab a few. There all 20" loops 3/8 so I got 4. Looks like I got a semi skip one or something??? A factory low vibe or kickback chisel chain that may of come on a saw. And then 2 loops of full chisel oregon /husky chain.

    Did pretty good !! IMG_20140313_125206_742.jpg
     
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    Art C, thistle, HDRock and 3 others like this.
  2. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Your eyes have saw magnets attached to them
     
    clemsonfor likes this.
  3. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    You jerk! I want some too...:drool:
     
    clemsonfor likes this.
  4. Jon1270

    Jon1270

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,886
    Likes Received:
    4,543
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You didn't bring enough to share?
     
    thistle, Chvymn99 and clemsonfor like this.
  5. rookie1

    rookie1

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2013
    Messages:
    938
    Likes Received:
    2,418
    One mans junk is anothers treasure. Thats why my wife gets so mad at me when I bring "junk" home. :emb:
     
    MasterMech, thistle and clemsonfor like this.
  6. Guido Salvage

    Guido Salvage

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    1,735
    Likes Received:
    4,938
    Location:
    The heart of the Bluegrass
    I just hide mine in boxes...
     
  7. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    X2.... I don't consider it junk though. :)


    I wish "they" didn't either.
     
    rookie1, Oliver1655 and clemsonfor like this.