In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

European mount???

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Warner, Dec 22, 2017.

  1. Warner

    Warner

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2017
    Messages:
    7,368
    Likes Received:
    47,699
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    I have wanted to do a European mount with this years deer. It has recently been moved up on the to do list, wifey wants the deer head out of the chest freezer! Lol!

    I have done a little googling and watched some you tube. But anybody have any pointers?
     
    Flatlander Pete likes this.
  2. JWinIndiana

    JWinIndiana

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2017
    Messages:
    1,440
    Likes Received:
    8,770
    Location:
    NorthWest Indiana
    We did this, with a couple skulls in my woodshop classes last year. One of the few things in my life that actually turned out as fabulous as it looked the first time through. It is amazing.
     
  3. Warner

    Warner

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2017
    Messages:
    7,368
    Likes Received:
    47,699
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    That looks cool. Thanks!
     
    Flatlander Pete likes this.
  4. Warner

    Warner

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2017
    Messages:
    7,368
    Likes Received:
    47,699
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    Most of the YouTube videos involve a pressure washer far too cold for that. Might have to stash it at a buddy’s
     
  5. JWinIndiana

    JWinIndiana

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2017
    Messages:
    1,440
    Likes Received:
    8,770
    Location:
    NorthWest Indiana
    I have had luck burying them. Otherwise, boiling outside in a pot over a fire.
     
  6. Warner

    Warner

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2017
    Messages:
    7,368
    Likes Received:
    47,699
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    Won’t be burying anything around here till May. I’m sure my lab would find it rather quickly anyways. I did think about that route thanks.
     
  7. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,506
    Likes Received:
    113,927
    Location:
    KC Metro
    My old shop teacher would boil and then use a air gun to blow out the nooks and crannies out...