In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Yesterday Afternoon's Project (pics)

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by yooperdave, Dec 6, 2017.

  1. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,718
    Likes Received:
    224,380
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    99 lbs wanted a little work done in one of the vacant rooms (?) so I knocked it off before she got home form work; then let her discover it on her own. Nice surprise for her!

    Total cost of project was around $35.

    DSCN0469.JPG DSCN0470.JPG DSCN0471.JPG DSCN0472.JPG

    Not too bad, eh? :D
     

    Attached Files:

    Loon, Rope, wildwest and 15 others like this.
  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Nice.
    Where'd you find that much beadboard for only $35?
     
  3. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,718
    Likes Received:
    224,380
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    wildwest, Eric VW, milleo and 5 others like this.
  4. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,515
    Likes Received:
    95,535
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Looks very nice. I like the light colour tones.
     
  5. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Nice!
    Definitely makes the room look warmer!
     
  6. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,718
    Likes Received:
    224,380
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.



    Thanks!

    I enjoyed the project and not telling her until she discovered it on her own!
     
  7. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    wildwest, Eric VW and yooperdave like this.
  8. RCBS

    RCBS

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2016
    Messages:
    6,337
    Likes Received:
    31,500
    Location:
    Over here
    Looks good! Also doubles as emergency BTUs if needed! :D
     
  9. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Nice job..................and way to go on scoring the "atta boy" points, just in time for Santa coming...........:thumbs::thumbs: :santa:
     
    wildwest, Eric VW, milleo and 2 others like this.
  10. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,643
    Likes Received:
    130,643
    Location:
    Vermont
    OK yoop great job but in real life your price is a bit low:p I don't think you carried a bunch of those without a truck.. which runs on gas.. nice air stapler and those finish nails heck I got as much in those as the guns.. the compressor etc etc oh and the man to finish the job.. I think you should include that stuff if for no other reason than attaboys:handshake:
     
    eatonpcat, wildwest, Eric VW and 2 others like this.
  11. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,718
    Likes Received:
    224,380
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    Corolla with the seats folded down!

    comp and nail guns have been around for years.

    I was just giving a materials list.....
     
    eatonpcat, wildwest, Eric VW and 2 others like this.
  12. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,718
    Likes Received:
    224,380
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    The floor vent was already there when I came one board. There was no heat in that room, but I have added a S/A run in the far left corner of the first pic.
     
    eatonpcat, wildwest, Eric VW and 2 others like this.
  13. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,643
    Likes Received:
    130,643
    Location:
    Vermont
    fair enough I have it and done it many times.. I always told my wife it was a bigger job:whistle::handshake: 20171206_174220.jpg
     
    eatonpcat, wildwest, Eric VW and 2 others like this.
  14. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,718
    Likes Received:
    224,380
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    Thats nicer!

    This stuff was just plain old wood, not coated, stained or treated...just wood!
     
  15. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    It looks great. I'm partial to that stuff. We have original bead board in our kitchen. It was painted some dark green color when we bought the house. I popped them off and lightly sanded the backs and re-installed them fresh face out with a few coats of poly. All clear pieces too, no knots.
     
  16. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Nice job, oh retired one.....:thumbs:
     
  17. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,658
    Likes Received:
    144,634
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
  18. LinkedXJ

    LinkedXJ

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2015
    Messages:
    1,448
    Likes Received:
    7,205
    Location:
    Indiana
    Looking great!
     
    yooperdave and eatonpcat like this.