In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Random Pics !!

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by HoneyFuzz, Mar 8, 2014.

  1. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    Trying to got through and organize all my pics into categories . Its taking me a long time..but will be worth it . Just figured Id post some random pics from clearing my property over the years ! Ill post more older pics when I find em :)

    A good muddy day a few years back !! Dont be jealous of my cut-in-half fuel oil tank trailer !! :)
    077.JPG
    Some of the saws used out there ..And yes...we cut all that small stuff...comes in handy !!
    078.JPG

    Not a good day unless theres a fire !
    080.JPG
    The lil Dolmar !
    085.JPG
    Some of the firewood stacked up ..I know that end stack looks like its gonna fall...and it did !!! I had little helpers....and poor quality control from daddy :)
    755.JPG
     
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    Drvn4wood, Stinny, milleo and 11 others like this.
  2. Loon

    Loon

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    6,560
    Likes Received:
    37,138
    Location:
    North of the border
    Great stuff Fuzz :cool: and cool idea with the trailer..
     
  3. billb3

    billb3

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    10,513
    Likes Received:
    54,562
    Location:
    SE Mass
    sturdy recycle kudos on the trailer
     
  4. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,951
    Likes Received:
    52,505
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Had some mud starting to show here this morning but just on top, the ground is still frozen. More seasonal weather showing for the next week.
     
    Backwoods Savage and HoneyFuzz like this.
  5. Loon

    Loon

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    6,560
    Likes Received:
    37,138
    Location:
    North of the border
    Been thinking since you posted the trailer Honeyfuzz :confused: Do you have any closer-up pics of it?

    Ive got a trailer over on the farm that needs a new box and there are a few tanks sitting around doing nothing ;)

    loon
     
  6. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    Its a fun project !! Only tools I used were a grinder and drill . Maybe the torch ! I know I had pics..but cant find em . The trailer is parked out at my property...and Ill go out there tomorow and snap a few pics for you !! My dad actually came up with the idea . He has taught me to use what we got ! The hardest and most time consuming part was cutting the tank in half and keeping it equal all the way around . Then grinding all sharp edges off . I meant to do some more add-ons ..and add paint....but I guess I found more important things top do !! Plus..I dont feel bad that it sits out in the weather...as I keep it tilted back so water goes out the original tank's drain hole :) The trailer is actually an old electric company wire spool trailer . I could but 4 foot sides on it..and still not budge the extremely heavy duty springs on it . Works great behind the old 8n too !
     
  7. Loon

    Loon

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    6,560
    Likes Received:
    37,138
    Location:
    North of the border
    Nice of ya with the pics tomorrow :cool: I am heading over now to see if this might work? Will take the camera and show you what i got a thinking :)
    Not too worried about it looking perfect as i'm kinda rough with everything i have but good call with the sharp edges ;)
     
    HoneyFuzz likes this.
  8. Loon

    Loon

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    6,560
    Likes Received:
    37,138
    Location:
    North of the border
    Was over and i am thinking i'm better off just replacing the floor boards Fuzz :cool: I know there is another trailer down on another part of the farm but wont be getting that out till probably mid summer :D


    View attachment 13578
     

    Attached Files:

  9. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    That is a cool trailer, like the pics
     
  10. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    That looks like a nice project ...just replacing the floorboards ..and maybe making some sides . I used that composite decking material on a trailer one time . Was a little pricey...but that stuff holds up extra well...especially running the trailer in this crummy road salt ! Ill still take a few pics of my trailer tomorrow..just in case you need em :)
     
    Chvymn99, Backwoods Savage and Loon like this.
  11. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    More pics !

    Love the fall !!!
    007.JPG
    Hahahaha..I laughed when I saw this pic !! This was when I was a little younger , and I got so tired of cuttin one multi-shoot tree..then picking up the brush..burning it and all that stuff . One day I said"I just wanna cut !" Well I did . What a dumb thing to do . What a tangled game of pick-up sticks !!!

    7516_100715086618273_8282258_n.jpg

    Some clearing shots..I wish I would have had someone taking pics for me back then . I was always too busy to think of it !!
    7516_100715089951606_6033532_n.jpg
    33811_180589725297475_4078224_n.jpg
    168816_180589921964122_184427_n.jpg
    200655_202959169727197_2429887_n.jpg
    162780_173895715966876_1850499_n.jpg
    And a random shot of the old 8n !!
    34038_130524460304002_3709070_n.jpg
     
  12. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    More random stuff...Ok..Ill stop...just brings up good memories !

    This is the only way to clear....push and burn big :)

    100_0634.jpg

    Had to cut the stumps flush and get the stumps ground out...to stop em from growing back !! 100_0235.jpg

    My little friend "Herbie" :) 005.JPG
     
  13. Loon

    Loon

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    6,560
    Likes Received:
    37,138
    Location:
    North of the border
    Sounds good with the pictures :)

    That one with you guys having the fire is nice and colorful :cool:
     
    HoneyFuzz likes this.
  14. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
    Great pics Fuzzmeister! Really like the fall pics! Beautiful location too :)
     
    HoneyFuzz likes this.
  15. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    I really like the repurpose on the cut up tank. Perfect for the backwoods...Great pictures of the back 40 :)
     
    raybonz and HoneyFuzz like this.
  16. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,170
    Location:
    Central MI
    Great pictures! I like the trailer.

    Just wondering why some of the stumps were cut so high? Did you go back and get the rest of them? Lots of good wood there.
     
    raybonz likes this.
  17. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    Hey thanks !!!! The stumps were left up so as to yank them out with my dads mini excavator ! Dug the roots out....then grabbed at the top of the stump..and over they come !!! BUT...some of them were just rooted too deep..and had to flush cut/grind ! They are all gone now....nice open area..with no tripping hazards . Im still learning better ways every day !!

    Looks like this now !! Smooth enough to drive across..and keep my kidneys intact !! Thanks to my dad having some great dirt moving equipment :)

    030.JPG
    029.JPG
     
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    savemoney, Chvymn99 and Loon like this.
  18. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Great pics…
     
    HoneyFuzz likes this.
  19. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Awesome pictures! Jealous of how flat your property is!
     
    HoneyFuzz likes this.