In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Mice?

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Warner, Nov 2, 2017.

  1. Warner

    Warner

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2017
    Messages:
    7,368
    Likes Received:
    47,699
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    As I sit here in my garage skimming through posts a little mouse skurried by my foot!
    Now I will have you all know I HATE MICE!
    For such a little non threating looking creature they sure can cause a lot of headaches.
    My favorite method of dispatch is the 5 gallon bucket wth peanut butter inside 5 inches from the rim, Some sort of board for a ramp and a couple inches of liquid in the bucket.

    Anybody have any good way to keep them out or get rid of them?

    I will not have a cat in the house. I would consider an outside cat but it would probably get eaten quickly.
     
    blacksmith likes this.
  2. billb3

    billb3

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    10,513
    Likes Received:
    54,564
    Location:
    SE Mass
    I found three dead ones in a 32 gallon bucket with about a half a cubic yard of leftover potting soil in it in my shed.
    Why/how they fell or jumped in who knows.
    I use poison in my basement but there's no cats around.
    They start finding ways in in September so that's when I fill the little containers they have to go into to get it. Dunno if they hoard it like they used to hoard the pellets. Haven't found any stashed someplace else.
    Yet.
     
  3. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
  4. Warner

    Warner

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2017
    Messages:
    7,368
    Likes Received:
    47,699
    Location:
    New Hampshire