A farmer took his van to the local garage for repair, when told it would not be ready 'til the next day,he removed two live chickens & a goose from the van & set off for home,remembering that his wife needed items from hardware shop he bought a bucket & a half gallon tin of paint, leaving the shop he was then faced with the problem of carrying his load home, as he stood scratching his head a little old lady said " Excuse me can you direct me to Nightingale lane please?" " My farm is near there & I would gladly walk you there, but I have a problem carrying all this" The lady looked & said "Put the paint can in the bucket,& take that in one hand , the goose in the other & a chicken under each arm", " The farmer did this & off they walked the farmer managing very well.After a few minutes the farmer said " There is a short cut down this alley that will save us nearly a mile", The old lady looked at him & said "I am a defenceless widow lady ,you might get me down this alley, put me against the wall, lift my skirt & have your way with me!" Holy smoke ! Said the farmer how could I do that carrying all this lot " "Put the goose on the ground, put the bucket over it, put the paint on top of the bucket & i,ll hold the chickens!"