We finally had a hard freeze last night when it got down to 26 degrees. As long as I've been on this earth in MI I've never seen a freeze come this late in the year. Usually by now we have either seen some snow flurries or usually close. Not many times we'll get through October without seeing snow.
Was thinking similar Dennis. You were colder than us by a couple degs. Yesterday it dawned on me that we quite often have had at least a dusting by now. TC area may have gotten some yesterday.
Same up here Gentlemen. Certainly a really abnormal year from the crappy wet cold spring and majority of summer to this exceptionally above normal fall. We will pay for this at some point because it ALWAYS averages out !!!!!!
Interesting.... we are getting a frost or freeze this weekend.... I just picked 8 volunteer cucumbers the other day...
Our "normal" first frost/freeze date (just an average) is Oct. 15 so we were right on the money this year for the most part even a tad early.
Wife picked the last of the raspberries just before the hard freeze. Now I'll be eating the frozen fruit until next June when the strawberries begin to bear again.
Have had one light frost so far. Once we get the traditional hard freeze, we will see a sharp decline in bugs. Maybe start seeing some birds again in our feeders.