Flywheel side--- slip fit into bearing. Anyone else experience this before on this model? Usually I find spun bearings/crank on the pto side.
Haha. Busy... or on OPE. Here's my thoughts-- this saw had a history of a scuffed piston. My buddy bought it and I gave him a big bore kit to try. He built it up but never told me that he noticed a crank wiggle... He got bad advice from a local mechanic who told him it was fine. I didn't find out about the wiggle til this spring when he brought it to me w idle / flooding issues. I rebuilt the carb, worked ok but wasn't right. I finally tore it down and found it. Just goes to show: NEVER build up a saw without thoroughly checking the bottom end and replacing items if needed.
I have never come across this problem before. I have come across case halves to loose for the bearing though.
I've seen it on an ms460... pto side. Got a crank from a junker case and rebuilt it with new bearings. This saw needs a new crank, bearings, seals, gaskets, cylinder, piston, coil clips, etc. etc.
Well dang sounds like a full rebuild then. At least you will know it will be in good shape afterwards.
We may part it out... already put too much into it. Plus I don't fully trust the case screw holes. Ill need to take a closer look this weekend.
Part it out... if it were a Stihl? Probably build it. Hate to say it, but I have access to Stihl parts and enjoy the process. Dolmars/Makitas are fine, just not into 'em. Now I'm looking for an 046-660 project saw.