In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Old Logs?

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Sep 13, 2017.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    3.JPG We took a ride to Tupper Lake today and when we went to the walking path along the water I saw these, I'm not sure how old these are but I'm sure someone is coming back for them. 1.JPG
     

    Attached Files:

    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      855.5 KB
      Views:
      19
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      411.8 KB
      Views:
      20
  2. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Could you tell the wood type?
     
    Eric VW likes this.
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I never really looked for that but I was thinking Pine.
     
    Backwoods Savage and Eric VW like this.
  4. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Hard to tell the age without knowing some of their history.

    If I was boating on the lake,
    I'd keep a good lookout for logs o_O
     
    Eric VW likes this.
  5. stuckinthemuck

    stuckinthemuck

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,247
    Likes Received:
    15,345
    Location:
    Wandering around in the NH woods.
    Which ones? :rofl: :lol:

    IMG_0614.jpg
     
  6. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US