In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Marshel54

Marshel54

Yesterday: Finally bit the bullet and started to clean my shop after 4 years. I want to get it back in order so I can do some woodworking.
    My dad had passed 3 years ago and it was packed with his tools along with mine. Doubles, triples and quadruples of many woodworking hand tools and the same with mechanic tools. About 75% through all the boxes. What to do with it all? Maybe a real manly garage sale in the future.
    Today: Watched a Little League World Series game. Mowed the yard. Discovered the coons are riddling my sweet corn patch. Did the final corn picking of the year. Looks like I have to pick tomatoes again. I believe I will put it off until Tues. or Weds. when my wife can help with putting them up. Going to can up some spaghetti sauce and maybe some stewed tomatoes. Returned to cleaning the shop and discovery.

papadave, VOLKEVIN, Horkn and 5 others like this.
  2. Mastermind

Mastermind

Second

Horkn, Chvymn99, wildwest and 3 others like this.
  3. Mastermind

Mastermind

Finished tedding today....and started cutting another field.

I cut 40 acres or so. None of it is great grass at this point. But.....it's getting better each year.

4. bogieb

bogieb

Was at HD this morning and found some stuff to plant today. Some of it made me sad - the mums are out which means fall is close. However, the summer flowers in the planters had pretty much gone by, so at least it looks nicer.

Mums in planters.jpg

Maple trees are making an appearance too. Although I have plenty of maples in the back yard, they don't have good fall color. They are a very bland, pale yellow, which lasts about a day before turning brown, so I got an October Glory to place below where the willow tree used to be. Should be happy there as it is a fairly wet area (very wet after the 4.25" of rain Friday night). Will be many, many years before it is big enough to give the house any afternoon shade, but should be pretty to look at when it turns.
    October Glory maple tree from yard-orig.jpg

savemoney, Jack Straw, Horkn and 8 others like this.
  5. Thor

Thor

:emb: No Floyd didn't make it. He got to stay at our neighbors. He had a blast.

6. Casper

Casper

After Church we went to a steel shoot that's pretty fun for the family. It's called a "Woods Walk". It's a .22LR steel silhouette shoot with 50 targets set up with 4-5 targets per station. You walk the course and get one shot per target. You have to take your shot while your foot is in contact with a stake driven into the ground. You score a hit or a miss. They have open sight and scoped for both pistol and rifle. We shot rifle open sights. I came in 3rd in the class, my wife and kids had a good time.

It's kind of funny, last year my boys gave some targets nicknames ie: a thin hanging washer was called the "impossa-ring". Some of the other, older, shooters where using those names this weekend.

This shoot is a different shoot every time. Lighting, shading, dew on branches and vegitation affects how you see your sight picture. It's a real challenge. Best today in my class was 39/50 I shot 33/50 using a Marlin 39a lever action.

It's a hoot.

7. Midwinter

Midwinter

I used to work in the garden dept. at HD, and I still time the spring, summer, and fall seasons by when the pansies arrive, the marigolds and impatiens, and the mums and ornamental kale. I have a good friend there who gave me an oak tree a tree service cut in her yard, and she still passes on unsaleable plants (culls) to me. It was a hard job. I had to stop because all the mileage on hard concrete killed my feet.

8. lukem

lukem

Didn't do much of anything productive today other than get the last coat of finish on the mud room bench.

9. schlot

schlot

You're a busy man, you need some of those days.

After our family picnic, we had a community potluck at the park, so the house projects all got left half done.

Oh well, I hear there is always another day. :)

10. My IS heats my home

My IS heats my home

Been awhile. keyboard skills are so rusty, typo typo...

My wifes Canadian friends are in town visiting. They checked out a red sox game today (yup, Sox won!!)
    and should be home soon after going through the city this afternoon.

Looking forward to time slowing down a bit this fall and getting online some more.

Hello everyone

11. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Nice to hear from you.

12. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Hey D!
    Glad you're popping back in! Just found out my brother moved to MA, and is working in Boston... somewhere.
    I'd really like him to join FHC, but we'll see...
    Hope yer doing well- :handshake:

13. My IS heats my home

My IS heats my home

Thanks E. Your poor brother, what did he do that for? Working in the city pays well but the headache is enough to drive you nuts.

14. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Yeah, and an hour commute each way, to boot...
    :whistle:
    :rofl: :lol:
    :yes:

15. My IS heats my home

My IS heats my home

Thats what I meant, the commute. No matter from the north, south or west, it sucks.
    even mass transit is no bargain. I hope he's getting paid well for the headaches

16. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Hey, what's up with swags ???
    Anyone hear from him?
    Maybe just super busy....for like 5 months?:whistle:
    Hope y'all are alright swags :handshake:

17. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

I hope so too!
    :salute:

18. yooperdave

yooperdave

Must be the eyes?

19. bocefus78

bocefus78

Good to see ya again!

20. Erik B

Erik B

Blackberries have been good around here this year. We have one batch of jam done and enough picked for a second batch.