In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

More readying for winter

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Locust Post, Aug 13, 2017.

  1. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,510
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    For the freezer
    20170813_164255.jpg 20170813_164313.jpg 20170813_164337.jpg
     
  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    That's a funny way of spelling belly.:)
     
  3. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,724
    Likes Received:
    224,388
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    :thumbs:
     
    Thor, Eric VW, papadave and 1 other person like this.
  4. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,510
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    4 dozen in the freezer......for my belly.....:whistle:
     
  5. JustWood

    JustWood Guest

    I'm getting ready to do mine in a week or 2 .
    My neighbors wants to have a cookout . I told him I'll get the corn.
    I have an army surplus cook pot that holds around 5 dozen that I boil on a commercial burner stand outdoors.
    Works great and doesn't heat the house up.Takes forever to boil but once it boils hard for a couple minutes i just shut it off and let it cook as it cools off.
    Man is froze sweet corn in the middle of winter the bomb with chili.
     
  6. NH mountain man

    NH mountain man

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2015
    Messages:
    6,408
    Likes Received:
    37,833
    Location:
    WMNF N.H.
  7. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    Don't fill the pot with water , if it has a cover steam it instead just put a few inches in steam will cook it real fast been doing it this way for a few years now what a time and energy saver :thumbs: