In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Government Incentives

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Grizzly Adam, Feb 26, 2014.

  1. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    The stove I am looking at is supposedly eligable for 10% back in government incentives. Has anyone done this? What is the process?
     
  2. Jon1270

    Jon1270

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,886
    Likes Received:
    4,543
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I did it last year. Assuming you're talking about federal-level incentives, it's a renewable energy income tax credit for 10% of the cost, $300 max credit. Just an extra bit of paperwork at tax time.
     
    Mitch Newton likes this.
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Unless something new has come along, it ended 12-31-1013.
     
  4. Jon1270

    Jon1270

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,886
    Likes Received:
    4,543
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I think papadave is right. I was just trying to dig up the form, and found the same information.
     
  5. Jon1270

    Jon1270

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,886
    Likes Received:
    4,543
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
  6. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    "The stove I am looking at"
    Tells me it hasn't been purchased yet.
    Grizz and I both waited too long.
    Wish I'd had the money for a new stove when the 30% credit was in effect.:mad:
     
    Trilifter7 likes this.
  7. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Yep, 2013. Drolet will has it on their site, didnt notice it was done.
     
  8. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    49,023
    Likes Received:
    312,504
    Location:
    Central MI
    Griz, some states may still have some incentives but I looked up Iowa and they are not on the list. Sorry about that.
     
  9. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,790
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    The Fed gov may add it later in the year. Keep your fingers crossed
     
    papadave likes this.
  10. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
  11. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    agrees with most, incentives are done....
     
  12. oldspark

    oldspark

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,534
    Likes Received:
    7,444
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    With the EPA looking out for our back side we will all be given new stoves that will exhaust fresh air.
     
    papadave and Gary_602z like this.
  13. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    And fresh cut oak to burn in them!:)

    Gary
     
  14. JustWood

    JustWood Guest

    I wouldn't want to invest any major sum of money with these incentives even if the start them up again. Having some issues right now in the trucking industry where "they" grandfathered in certain equipment specs 7 years ago. Now "they" are outlawing same said specs with mandatory retrofit by the end of this year to the tune of $10-$12K per truck.