In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Plans for the New Saw

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Grizzly Adam, Oct 15, 2013.

  1. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Eagerly awaiting the Stihl 034AV Super to arrive, thanks again Jon! Had a wake to attend that was in the same town as the big tree dump I get most of my stuff from. We took a cruise through there and noticed they had chipped a lot of the brush which will make my life easier. Found some big sections of ash and some good sized maple. Going back Monday with the new saw!
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  2. chris

    chris

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2013
    Messages:
    3,168
    Likes Received:
    11,288
    Location:
    SE WI
    Always nice to have centralized supply. You fortunate to be able to do that type of scrounging. Most places would get all bent out of shape just for liberating chunks let alone the size reduction portion with such a nasty tool. aka All bent out of shape liability issues wise like my recycle center. Although it doesn't seem to prevent the guys working there with any difficulties?
     
  3. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    We have come across the city workers making deposits, they say that's what it's there for. They make more than enough mulch with the brush and prefer to not have to handle larger branches, let alone trunks. They fairly routinely dig out the big stuff with anticipation that someone will come take it out of their way.
     
  4. chris

    chris

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2013
    Messages:
    3,168
    Likes Received:
    11,288
    Location:
    SE WI
    Long time ago things around here were fairly simple mostly just common sense, now it is ww3 between the city and property owners. Or maybe I am just getting senile.
     
    Grizzly Adam likes this.
  5. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Where are you from, Chris? They claim here in Iowa people are extra friendly!
     
  6. chris

    chris

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2013
    Messages:
    3,168
    Likes Received:
    11,288
    Location:
    SE WI
    just outside Milw. WI. , used to be a fair hike into town, now it has me surrounded. They call it progress, more like regression in my book. Geeze. I not in a real good frame of mind tonight. Nothing left to use a saw on, everything split, warm enough in house to not need stove lit. Maybe I will go and have a discussion with Mr. Daniels.
     
    OhioStihl and concretegrazer like this.
  7. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Old guy that ran the hardware in Forest City built his house in his 30s in the middle of the country. Now he lives in town. He is not happy about it.
     
    clemsonfor likes this.
  8. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Looks like you have some good work lined up.. I hope that saw lasts for many years. That's a fine example of a Great Firewood saw ! !
     
  9. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Hopefully the other girls don't beat me to the ball!
     
  10. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Its almost like Jack lives in America.!! I have said it but will say again, I too can't believe they let u cut up trees out of there let alone enter the property!!
     
  11. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    It's a nice little community around here, I hope it's the same when I move to the other side of the state in 10 years.
     
  12. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    How do you know you will move in 10 years?
     
  13. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Ok, I don't know, but that is my retirement plan. Move down by Iowa City, find a nice chunk of land and enjoy my winter as a season ticket holder in Carver Hawkeye Arena.
     
  14. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    I didn't think you were that old jack?? Retiring in 10 yrs congrats. Unless your a bull rider or in the military most don't retire young, fire or police as well.

    Was thinking you were in your 30s
     
  15. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Not retiring at that point, I have to have time to work the land! Ten years is when the kids are grown up.
     
  16. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
  17. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Saw is supposed to be here in the morning. Can't hardly wait.
     
  18. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Man you still don't have it!! Must be killing you. I know a few. Thing I have been waiting on in the mail are killing me waiting on them.
     
  19. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Columbus Day slowed it down.
     
  20. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Getting it sharpened now. Have even fired it up yet.