A short time ago a young lady broke and amazing record (I had posted about this one earlier) by riding a bike for a super long distance. However, that was not enough! It seems that a long, long time ago someone set a world record by riding a bicycle 100,000 miles in 500 days, so, Amanda Coker decided she'd try for that record. Yesterday, her 423 day, she broke the 100,000 mile record. Simply amazing. I do not yet have the exact total but if we just look at the round figure of 100,000 miles, that means and average day of riding was 236.4 miles!!!! Not only that but I'm quite sure that her average speed was over 20 mph. For sure this is out of my league. How about you?
I don't even like to drive that far! Thinking about all the vehicle maintenance you'd need over the course of 100,000 miles. And accidents - indeed she's been hit by a car! That's dedication!