In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Poulan PP4218A not running correctly

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Marshel54, Jul 7, 2017.

  1. Marshel54

    Marshel54

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2016
    Messages:
    1,664
    Likes Received:
    12,920
    Location:
    Ohio
    The last time I ran this saw it would start up, but you had to pump the throttle to get it to rev. Start the cut and have to pull out and pump again. L or LA adjustment or something else? Plan to play with it today since the weather isn't cooperating.
     
  2. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,127
    Likes Received:
    163,290
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Could be several things. I have about 5-6 of those saws (lost count) and when they act like that many times the fuel line in the tank is cracked and sucking air...see how it acts after you fill the tank all the way up.
     
  3. Marshel54

    Marshel54

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2016
    Messages:
    1,664
    Likes Received:
    12,920
    Location:
    Ohio
    Thanks Dave I will fill the tank and check the line out. See how it runs.
    I bought the saw several years ago, after a break in and my Husky was stole. It probably doesn't have more than 3 hours run time on it. When I got rained out today, I got to thinking that maybe I would start to work on it as a back up or put a rip chain on it for noodling. I have it and it is gathering dust.