Looks like a good find there woodlands. Have you guys ever heard about the beech sapling? Two tall trees, a birch and a beech, are growing in the woods. A small tree begins to grow between them, and the beech says to the birch, "Is that a son of a beech or a son of a birch?" The birch says he cannot tell. Just then a woodpecker lands on the sapling. The birch says, "Woodpecker, you are a tree expert. Can you tell if that is a son of a beech or a son of a birch?" The woodpecker takes a taste of the small tree. He replies, "It is neither a son of a beech nor a son of a birch. It is, however, the best piece of ash I have ever put my pecker in." Wipe that smile off your face.
With the winds we get, that should be down before I fell it. Good one Gas. It was a great day except for the high wind gust. We had planned on riding the sleds to the Weller Mountain BBQ today but with all the rain we received yesterday that changed. Sav, I'll take the boss with me when I cut that.
We love the Beech for firewood, but only if Mother Nature puts it down or does damage to them. We have another nice size Beech that's damaged just southeast of this in the same area, I'll get a better look once the snow melts, it's on the side of a hill.