In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Maybe (Probably?) Already Sold 064, but what the heck.

Discussion in 'Closed Ads' started by Jon1270, Feb 21, 2014.

  1. Jon1270

    Jon1270

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,886
    Likes Received:
    4,543
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    This may break a few hearts, but I can't resist. The potential buyer asked for video, and having gotten it all uploaded I thought I'd let everyone else enjoy it. The pics were taken in late summer when I finished putting it back together, but the video was shot about half an hour ago.

    064.JPG

    0642.JPG

    I don't need any extra cookies sitting around, but I did have a Fiskars-proof mulberry crotch that needed noodling, so that's what you get:


    The engine shroud is fully intact, including the original 064 badge, but has a lot of surface scratches. I bought it from the original owner, a middle-aged tree cutter in a very small town on the WV/PA border. He had retired from cutting big trees and gotten an easier job doing trim work on a university campus.

    I did a bunch of remedial work to bring it back to where it should be. I cleaned about 2 pounds of oily sawdust out of various crevices, gave it a new chain brake/hand guard, new air filter assembly and cover, impulse line, fuel line and filter, a couple of AV mounts, one of the felling dogs, the rubber manifold and oiler worm gear. Also replaced the missing badge on the recoil side. All the parts I installed were new or NOS OEM, except for a few screws which were aftermarket. The top end is original, and probably one of the coveted early ones, though I don't know how to tell for sure. A compression test a few days ago came in a bit over 160.

    I think it needs a new rim sprocket, as the 8-pin that's on it is pretty worn. The little aluminum chain catcher is rather mangled, and could stand to be replaced too. It's worth mentioning that it often takes several pulls to start it cold if it's been sitting for more than a day or so. I haven't spent any time trying to figure out why. After it's even slightly warmed up it's one pull to restart it.

    I'm asking $500 PHO, plus shipping and PayPal fees. I plan to hang on to the bar and chain because it's the only set I've got that's over 20", and I may need it. Like I said at the top, there's a good chance this is already sold to a member here, but it will be available if he decides to pass.
     
  2. komatsuvarna

    komatsuvarna

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2014
    Messages:
    86
    Likes Received:
    294
    Nice saw there! I wished mine had the transparent fuel tank like yours.
     
    HoneyFuzz likes this.
  3. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    SWWEEEETTTT !!!
     
  4. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Awesome! I love the noodling stand!
     
    Chvymn99 likes this.
  5. Jon1270

    Jon1270

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,886
    Likes Received:
    4,543
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sold pending payment. :cool:
     
  6. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Sure covered your boot in a split second
    Fast way to make a pile of chips !
    Love the sound :)
     
  7. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Nice... Pretty sure I know who the buyer was :)

    Congrats to you and him :thumbs:
     
  8. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    We'll come on buyer.

    You are among friends & we love this stuff.

    Nice saw!
     
  9. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,487
    Likes Received:
    113,777
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Congrats to both... Just watched the video. Thats a runnin' sawdustin' spittin' saw...:thumbs:
     
  10. Jon1270

    Jon1270

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,886
    Likes Received:
    4,543
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yeah, it's not a mystery member. I guess he isn't feeling chatty about it yet.