In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Hawaiian Cowboy Delight Upside Down Cake

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by Chvymn99, Feb 18, 2014.

  1. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,487
    Likes Received:
    113,777
    Location:
    KC Metro
    image.jpg image.jpg I'll copy the recipe later. But boy is it good... I was digging just the canned japs and pineapples. But the version of the pineapple upside down is awesomeness... Sweetness hits first with a subtle hint of heat on the backside. There's enough sugar to bring the heat down in the Jalapanoes.
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    Certified106 likes this.
  2. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

  3. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,487
    Likes Received:
    113,777
    Location:
    KC Metro
    There you go...I've PDF'd it on that post.
     
  4. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Thank you, now to get the old lady to make it.
     
  5. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,487
    Likes Received:
    113,777
    Location:
    KC Metro
    After you can them let them set for a while before making the cake. Got to get the diffusion of flavors going on.... I love it... Next years gardens Jalapanoes will be used more for this....
     
  6. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    I love the sound of this cake! I need to try this one