http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/warm-storm-for-end-of-week-may/23421146 Watch your forecast.
It is now showing a possible high of 44° here on Friday! 70% chance of rain. There will be some melting going on that day. I will have to be walking/checking out the Oswegatchie River after a several days of 35+.
Wow thanks for the uplifting weather report.... That looks like it will effect us and I love the fact they are predicting this crap to last through March..... Ughhh
I would think parts of New York State will be in that area with the warm up, just not sure how far north that area will expand. Stay Safe
This is southwest of us, we'll see if it moves north, I'm thinking it will. http://forecast.weather.gov/showsig...cal_place1=&product1=Flood+Watch#.UwKA2q2YZMs
Saying we're gonna get another 4"-8". Gonna hafta go shoein after this one… cause they're calling for rain showers Friday…
Tractor won't start with all the cold. Need to jump it, since my brother has the charger. No plowing for me today.
Can always count on your weather heads up. Up to 6" again tomorrow morning. Low 40's throughout the week sets up what may become severe later in the week. Be safe all.
You better go cut dead standing wood, cold weather will last through March. This weekend I'll be covering two stacks (both 16 feet long) just to be safe, both stacks are .61 of a cord. One is some dead elm along with some soft maple, the other is some of next years shoulder season wood.
This weather/snow amounts was quite normal during the 80's and 90's After that, big snows have been hit or miss, usually miss. I have been reading up on a more permanent shift in the jet stream, but obviously too soon to know, and another el Nino year coming up. The snow here is quite deep, leading to wearing snow shoes. Non- drift areas my leg went down 3 ft, and I must admit, it's fun. But after about a 5 minute walk, I started panting. Snow shoes only sank about 4" making a short hike in the woods manageable. The splitter, although covered, is buried to the beam, no way the grizzly is coming out of the shed. Actually, I wouldn't mind getting it out to see how deep she can go.
I still have plenty of wood to get through the middle of April. I made sure I had plenty for this winter, just like every winter. I usually end up giving or selling 1/2 cord to a brother who runs out early. LOL. But, if need be, you are right. I can go cut dead standing. Lots of that on the property.
I mentioned to the wife we might switch back over to burning Cherry, she wants to keep burning the good stuff, I'll zip the pants on this one!