In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Any experience with these?

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by Gasifier, Feb 12, 2014.

  1. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Had any experience with these?
     

    Attached Files:

  2. IHATEPROPANE

    IHATEPROPANE

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2013
    Messages:
    4,678
    Likes Received:
    19,111
    Not great.....Similar to Green Supremes IMHO
     
  3. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Dam. I started looking around for a better pellet. No one has any around here that is close to the house. Just the mix from Curran, Greene Supreme, etc.
    I even went to the Stove Store, where that is all they do is sell wood stoves and pellet stoves. I asked if they had any of the better pellets. Nope. Don't have any pellets. o_O WTF? Who runs out of Pellets in February. Looks like I am going to have to go with the Curran blends or travel and buy something else. I hate to drive 40 minutes away to buy some though!
     
  4. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Jeesh. Just called Home Depot in Massena and asked them what they have for pellets. None. Should have some on Friday. What kind will you have? Last time we received Greene Supreme but we are not 100% sure which ones we will get this time. ??? Time to do some calling around. I am down to about 6 bags now. :emb:
     
  5. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Martin's feed in Lisbon has some. Hardwood Curran's. All spoken for.
     
  6. IHATEPROPANE

    IHATEPROPANE

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2013
    Messages:
    4,678
    Likes Received:
    19,111
    Thia winter weather has done a number in pellet availability. The Natures Heat and Green Supremes are just a bit ashy, but should get the job done.
     
  7. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,529
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    I had to stop at HD today, and then Lowes (since HD didn't have what I needed). Neither store had any pellets. Woman at the cust. serv. counter in Lowes said the phone was ringing off the hook all day with people calling looking for pellets.

    As for the Penningtons, the only ones I ever tried that were any good were a batch of 100% Oak I got off a lady on Craig's List about 4 yrs ago. They were a real nice pellet.
     
  8. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Not a very good pellet (heard good about the 100% Oak) but if it's all you can get??

    Burn them...
     
    eatonpcat likes this.
  9. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    Gas can you get a pic of the UPC symbol?