It was all rain for us recently. Next week, sounds like we might get snow again. Who knows. It's going to be nearly 50° over the weekend, and it's been in the 40's all week.
I tried driving into the cottage a little before I got "stopped" by the snow last Sunday. Everything underneath was sugar snow and with the tires I have it was no go. Today, I backed into a customers unplowed yard with absolutely no problems. No spinning sliding or nothing. The snow all the way to the ground was the wet sticky stuff (snowman snow) due to the warm days we had this week. .....So, I guess if you get the rain, you'll at least have some nice sticky snow for awhile.
Com' on snow!!!! We need a good whopper! There is a chance! The main stream is getting everybody riled up... Ilsnow, has been cautious as it's too early to predict. If it rains what's left of lake ice and snow will be kaput!
Early forecasts tend to say they think it will head NE as it leaves the plains which will take it north of us. But it may come back down in the New England area. Time will tell. Our forecast right now says if we get some it will probably be rain.
We are in that area that could go either way, rain, snow or ice. Maybe all three. We have been getting rain about half the time. Tuesday's high is predicted to be 36 with a low of 34. That usually means wet.
Trails in my area of the state are not useable. Need to go the hills or north to get better trails. Too bad. One really popular trail runs right by my house. Used to see long lines of snowmobiles when the trail was good.
At some point, we'll have a decent several winter sledding seasons again and I'll buy a new sled again. Right now, paying 10-15k for a new sled is not worth it.
If you calculated how much every hour of use cost for a sled like that, you would wonder what on earth were you thinking when you bought it. You really have to put on a lot of hours to make any sense out of it.
this is true! but that's why I only buy snowmobile in June after a winter like this! 20 miles just wait for the right one right price... and mine are all old with newest being 2008? 550 skidoo 1500 miles for for 1200 cash...
It's been a long time since we've owned a snow machine. I'd have to move back up north before I'd consider one. The atv seems a smarter way to go but I also remember some good times we had riding the machines in deep snow.