In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Topped off Maple and

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Jan 12, 2017.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    a damaged Birch tree.

    I'm hoping the standing topped off Maple is better wood than the top I cut up. I might get it this weekend. 102_0954-001.JPG
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Woodsnwoods

    Woodsnwoods

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2015
    Messages:
    3,067
    Likes Received:
    20,081
    Location:
    Syracuse, NY
    Wow, amazing how two hours distance changes ground conditions. I have pure mud here, no snow. Hoping it gets cold soon and stays cold. Well done on your work!!
     
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    The pines hold the cold pretty good and the big hill in the back along with the trees block the sun in the area I'm working.

    I'm not sure how much cutting I'll get in tomorrow, I'll need to sand the driveway because it's all ice.

    About 4:30 this afternoon I hear the doorbell ring, it was a younger guy at the wrong house so I told him the correct directions. When I was done talking with him we both heard a noise, it was his truck taking off down the hill even though it was in park, everything ended up ok when it finally made it's way down to the flat part of the driveway.
     
  4. Woodsnwoods

    Woodsnwoods

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2015
    Messages:
    3,067
    Likes Received:
    20,081
    Location:
    Syracuse, NY
    Scary. Bobsledding with trucks, you going to copyright this?
     
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Mine was parked in that area when it was melting so I decided to move it, I got close to the truck door and the truck slid down about five inches, it's all sanded today.
     
    Backwoods Savage, Blazing and Driver like this.