In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Bailey's is not the only on with crazy shipping.

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by clemsonfor, Oct 13, 2013.

  1. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    I ordered a barrel band screw for my model 1894 marlin. I know a chainsaw forum but I am showing that baileys is not the only place to ship stupid packages.

    Anyway I ordered. This screw that is about 1" long. And a box of bullets. Not loaded ammo but just The projectile to reload. Anway... the bullets were backordered and they have been for like 9 months everywhere. Which is why I bought them from brownells they allow a back order and not required to pay a second fee to ship it like midway.

    So here is my package and my screw. Got here in 3 days. Has no one heard of an envelope? IMG_20131013_201407.jpg IMG_20131013_201407.jpg IMG_20131013_201451.jpg
     
  2. Guido Salvage

    Guido Salvage

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    1,735
    Likes Received:
    4,938
    Location:
    The heart of the Bluegrass
    So how much did that box cost to ship???
     
  3. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    I paid $7 to ship both items. I should of called them and told them to put into an envelope. But I wanted the bullets and hose have to go in a box or padded envelope. They will not charge to ship the bullets. U just pay ur shipping fee and they will ship all ur stuff for that price. So the $3 screw was charged $7 shipping on it bit the $30 box of bullets will ship free.
     
  4. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    What cal 1894? I have a .44mag in SS. I LOVE that thing! I recently got my hands on some 225gr barnes to load up for it for deer ( shocked I found them). Now I just have to find some load data for it. Barnes website has been no help. Neither has my 2 manuals.
     
  5. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    I have a 70s model in 44 mag. The good kind with no safety!! :). I have a blue one, hence the blue screw. I god a few jacketed bullets I want to load for deer. But its usually just a fun gun at the range. I don't have any deer loads now just hard cast I been loading unique and titegroup. I want to kill a deer with it though.
     
  6. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    Im using unique as well since I have 8lbs of it and cant get anything esle. Im hoarding my 2 jugs of 231 and titegroup lol. I made up 5 of my 60 barnes rounds and then read that barnes needs approx. 30% more charge since they are all copper. So now I think I have 5 plinking rounds with $1 boolits in em :(
    Im new to the reloading thing....I just wish I could find someone to tutor me. Books can only teach a guy so much.

    Last year I used 300gr corbon rounds (storemade). 2 Shoulder shots nets 2 deer with no tracking needed ;)

    Now if I could only get some 44spl brass for plinking.
     
  7. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    I pink with mag brass.Just download it and you don't have to change ur die seatings etc. I only have a hand full of split brass. I am loading 10 gun of unique under a 240 gun swc hard cast bullet.
     
  8. chris

    chris

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2013
    Messages:
    3,168
    Likes Received:
    11,288
    Location:
    SE WI
    Hard Cast will do just fine on deer , no need for them fancy heads. Even plain old half jacket softnose will do the job. Deer be thin skinned. Put a round in the right place and you will be fine.
     
  9. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Oh I know. I bought a ton of old bullets from a friend
    Im thinking o hot some half jacket lead nose HP. If I have enough I'm going to load some of those up.

    A skinner sight is on my wish list for it. Or marbles