In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Cutting Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by firecracker_77, Feb 9, 2014.

  1. firecracker_77

    firecracker_77

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,481
    Likes Received:
    3,606
    Location:
    IL
    I think I'm going to get out there tomorrow and try to get some logs cut up just in case I need them before the season is over. I have a 350-400 lb maple log that would heat for about 7-10 days in milder weather. Not saying it's perfect but fire is better than furnace. I figure I can cut it into smaller cookies and then noodle those for some fast seasoning.
     
    HoneyFuzz likes this.
  2. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Sooner its "gotten wood"
    The sooner it's dry.
    Take a camera :)
     
    HoneyFuzz likes this.
  3. firecracker_77

    firecracker_77

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,481
    Likes Received:
    3,606
    Location:
    IL
    It's been on the ground for a few months. Cut back in September. Waiting for me to do it.
     
  4. firecracker_77

    firecracker_77

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,481
    Likes Received:
    3,606
    Location:
    IL
    DSC00188.JPG

    I have about 50% of these logs left to cut up. Enough for maybe 2 weeks of heat in March when it's warmer and I'm not keeping the stove full.
     
  5. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    WOW
    Some size to a few of those.
    Good picture

    Couple should split OK couple may make the huskee groan just a bit

    Starts to season lots faster after it's split & off the ground ;)
     
    HoneyFuzz likes this.
  6. firecracker_77

    firecracker_77

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,481
    Likes Received:
    3,606
    Location:
    IL
    With the conditions I have out there, no Huskee for me tomorrow. It'll be a day with the 441 noodling the logs to pieces I can burn. There's a good foot of perma-snow out there these days.
     
  7. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,498
    Likes Received:
    113,869
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Those are some biggin's.... Going to be fun makin' some noodles. Have fun:thumbs:
     
    firecracker_77 likes this.
  8. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    Noodles !!!!! Have fun :)
     
    firecracker_77 likes this.