In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Free score!!!

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by Pallet Pete, Dec 3, 2016.

  1. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    I don't need a computer at all we have a few :whistle: but dang for free yup I'm gonna build it!

    Sorry pics kinda suck! It's in superb shape... I am gonna give it a new heart and play around with it. Motherboards are cheap on Amazon soooooo..

    Had to show off I'm amazed at the find!

    It was setting out by the donation center and they don't take electronic devices only cloths. I asked and she said it's headed to the dumpster so I snagged it. The computer still had plastic over it I'm not sure it ever got turned on!!!


    IMG_0833.JPG IMG_0831.JPG
     
    Shawn Curry, raybonz, HDRock and 3 others like this.
  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I don't see a hard drive.
    Does it run at all?
    Gonna upgrade any other components besides the MB?
    :popcorn:
     
    Shawn Curry and Pallet Pete like this.
  3. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Yup fired right up but I took the HD out it's getting a solid state drive setup possibly will be used as a server to backup the backup of FHC when I'm done. It's a good tower to build out of.
     
    Shawn Curry, papadave and milleo like this.
  4. raybonz

    raybonz Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    4,225
    Likes Received:
    9,758
    Location:
    Carver, Mass.
    Wow great score Pete!
     
    Elvisss222 and Shawn Curry like this.