In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Snowman (person) project

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by bogydave, Nov 8, 2016.

  1. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Got some time to do a little snowman cutting.
    DSCF7553.JPG DSCF7552.JPG DSCF7556.JPG

    DSCF7557.JPG

    Hit rock while cutting hats ARRRGGGG!
    DSCF7558.JPG

    DSCF7560.JPG DSCF7561.JPG
     
    raybonz, Woodwidow, schlot and 5 others like this.
  2. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Screwed them together:
    Now the wife can put some paint o them.
    Used some alder on the small hats
    DSCF7564.JPG
     
  3. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Fun stuff!

    Just last weekend my neighbor at the wood lot asked if I could cut some "logs" for a similar snowman project, so I cut some cookies for her.

    I have to admit, I kept thinking by cutting a couple rounds short that I was going to mess up my stacks. What a wood nerd I am! :)
     
  4. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,508
    Likes Received:
    95,507
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    I think they look so cute.
     
    Eric VW and campinspecter like this.
  5. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Cut the cookies off th base in the woods
    Was lucky to get trees solid all the way thru
    But I too thought, would be some real good splits. LOL
     
    raybonz, schlot and Eric VW like this.