Looking good Rock Got a large pond out back right now which is new. Calling for lots more tomorrow also.
We have had plenty of rain in the last month, rain yesterday but, nothing like the storms going up through your neck of the woods. I saw the radar
Gotta use more than one  mostly the CS 352, sweet little saw, and the 445 a little , they take care of this stuff no problem
Sometimes I think it's easier cutting, felling and limbing, bucking a tree than dealing with all these oddball lengths and the chunks left over
I'm still recutting splits. I still have a bunch of wood, oak and hickory, I cut, split and stacked 5+ years ago for an open fireplace, that I have to shorten for the stove. I just finished about a cord of white oak and earlier I did about a half cord if silver maple. I've just about got all the too long stuff cut to stove length. Soon I can start on all my dead standing ash.
TE="HDRock, post: 562139, member: 72"]Sometimes I think it's easier cutting, felling and limbing, bucking a tree than dealing with all these oddball lengths and the chunks left over[/QUOTE] Ain't dat da truf!!
I dont look at it as recutting, splitting and stacking. You pick it up cut to what ever size it is so when you get it home you are cutting it for the first time not recutting. And you always have to split and stack.:stacke: =
That's true too,, you just end up with more chunks. What is kind of pain is, some people don't cut the limbs flush, it's hard to stick with Nubs sticking out, if you are limbing a tree this is not a big deal, if you have a 16 or 20 inch long round not that big around , you have to cut them off without the thing jumping up on you, I put them in my one jig but that doesn't work that great either. I was just thinking, I should probably try and clamp them in the splitter, never thought of that before
OK for dummies like me that translates too always buy new stove with bigger firebox not smaller ... got it! how much ya got to re size?