In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

10/9/16

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Oct 9, 2016.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Pic 0547 is the ferns in the ravine, they won't be green much longer, 0548 & 49 are the Ash that's been splitting for four years, the last pics are a load of branches I chipped up and some pine that I split.
    102_0548.JPG
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Woodsnwoods

    Woodsnwoods

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2015
    Messages:
    3,067
    Likes Received:
    20,081
    Location:
    Syracuse, NY
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    :thumbs: I'll start stacking the pine for the shoulder season 2017 tomorrow, I would like two face cord up by Tuesday at noon.
     
  4. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,512
    Likes Received:
    95,514
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    you are still rather green there. the ferns are sure vibrant still.
     
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I was thinking that they would be more yellow or brown but I was wrong, I won't go through there until they die off.
     
  6. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    Seems like we are two weeks or so behind in the turning of leaves this year. I'm especially surprised that the turn hasn't happened in the Adirondacks yet.