In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Woodwidow To the Rescue

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by campinspecter, Feb 2, 2014.

  1. campinspecter

    campinspecter

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,684
    Likes Received:
    12,236
    Almost 2 weeks ago I had green light Prostate surgery and every thing was healing good then on Thursday I did something! :confused: DUMB! :eek: Doctors new orders are do nothing:popcorn: and that includes laundry and anything to do with the boiler. The boiler needed cleaning so Woodwidow to the rescue.:)

    Vacuuming out the top of the heat exchanger.
    100_1468.JPG
    The top of the fire tubes .
    100_1469.JPG
    Why not clean the chimney?
    100_1472.JPG Putting the clean out plug back in place. 100_1474.JPG
    Lighting the fire .
    100_1475B.JPG
    The beginning of the fire.
    100_1479.JPG
    Thank you, Woodwidow!
     
  2. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,534
    Likes Received:
    95,632
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    I don't know if I like this thread even though I edited it. o_O I definitely don't look my glamorous best. :eek: Fat clothes are the only thing I have for dirty jobs like this. :D But it was fun learning how to do the job.
     
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Looks like you dun gooder WW.
    Tell campinspecter he owes you another ice cream.:thumbs:
     
    campinspecter likes this.
  4. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    Rest easy Allan and get better. It looks like she has things well in hand. You two make a good team. Not the first time she has been on the roof if I recall. That start up fire looks great btw.
     
    campinspecter likes this.
  5. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Guess you have to keep her around now!:) Take it easy and that means both of you!

    Gary
     
    papadave and campinspecter like this.
  6. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Sexiest chimney sweep I've ever seen !

    Great job.
    Awesome team work !

    Big silver thing on the right of the first picture an insulated water tank ?

    Allen, enough being dumb !
    Sit !
    Stay !
    :)
     
    papadave likes this.
  7. campinspecter

    campinspecter

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,684
    Likes Received:
    12,236
    Insulated heat bank (storage tank).
    The insulation was protected by 1/4" plywood, but the plywood was 1/8" too close to the loading door on the boiler so the aluminum covering gave the necessary clearance to combustibles. The Jetstream, our second boiler connected to storage has been in place for over 30 years. The first had different dimensions and clearances were not as tight.

    Dumb correct!:emb:


    Sit! Stay! I understand!:thumbs:
     
    Woodwidow and papadave like this.
  8. campinspecter

    campinspecter

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,684
    Likes Received:
    12,236
    I think the payback may be coming! I may have to learn to Quilt!:confused:
     
    OhioStihl, swags, fishingpol and 2 others like this.
  9. campinspecter

    campinspecter

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,684
    Likes Received:
    12,236
    The ice cream sounds much better than taking quilting lessons!;)
     
    Woodwidow and papadave like this.
  10. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Yea allen
    You are in good hands.
    We will quit worrying about you.

    We could take a collection & send WW a taser to use . :eek:
     
    Woodwidow and campinspecter like this.
  11. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,514
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    As you already know CI...she's a keeper. Any woman that knows how to bake and still take care of stove tending.:thumbs:
     
    Woodwidow, campinspecter and papadave like this.
  12. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,534
    Likes Received:
    95,632
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    I guess I could tie him to the bed but!!!!! it is a family thread. Taser sounds good but there is a rubber hammer in the basement if I need it to settle him down.
     
    campinspecter likes this.
  13. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    :thumbs: pictures if it's needed :rofl: :lol:
     
    papadave likes this.
  14. campinspecter

    campinspecter

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,684
    Likes Received:
    12,236

    IMGP5998.JPG
    All fires should be extinguished. :whistle:
     
    Woodwidow and Gary_602z like this.
  15. campinspecter

    campinspecter

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,684
    Likes Received:
    12,236
    Woodwidow was on a roll today.:thumbs:
    100_1483.JPG
     
    Woodwidow likes this.
  16. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Sometimes it's necessary for the woman/wife to do some of the cleaning chores. You two make an awesome team!! Thanks for sharing!



    My wife has finally started cleaning/running our stoves this year. She resisted for quite some time. But now that she has done it, understands it, and can duplicate it? She says she feels safer :)
     
    campinspecter and Woodwidow like this.
  17. tfdchief

    tfdchief

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2014
    Messages:
    1,233
    Likes Received:
    7,637
    Location:
    Tuscola, IL
    After 40 years of burning and complaining about the dust and mess, we remodeled our kitchen and my wife kept waffling about the corner where the table had always been. We moved it to the dinning room. After the remodel was all done, I asked....so what are we going to do with the empty corner. She exclaims, I want my own little wood stove in that corner. I almost fell over. So, I got busy and after her approval installed the the little Hampton 200. So now we have 2 wood stoves. Although she still claims the Hampton in the kitchen is hers, I seem to get to take care of it. That is OK, because it is just double the pleasure. So, wife's always get there way. lol. Here is HER STOVE.
    Hampton.JPG
     
  18. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,534
    Likes Received:
    95,632
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Just love the stove. Show her the cooking threads and with a stove like that you are going to be getting some awesome stews and soups cooked on it. Grizzly Adam and others use their stoves a lot.
     
    campinspecter likes this.
  19. campinspecter

    campinspecter

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,684
    Likes Received:
    12,236
    A very nice install! I'M GLAD for you SHE GOT HER WAY!:thumbs:
    The name Hampton for "her" stove is interesting. Our Jetstream Boiler was originally made by Hampton Technologys.
     
    tfdchief likes this.