With the warm temps despite a snow covered roof, I brought the ladder up and did a sweep. The cap was pretty dirty as expected, and the chimney left around a cup and a half of junk, pictured below in a cool whip container, which fits perfectly in the flue.
Something tells me that exchanging creosote for Oreos isn't gonna' taste quite the same. Nor be quite as tasty.
My wife makes the best dirt pudding. Probably the best on the east coast. She subs creosote for oreos.....
Plan on sweeping mine once the sun gets up a bit over the mountain. Hard to believe it was 64 yesterday, had a morning low of -4F Thursday morning. Let a small load burn down overnight, liner should be plenty cool for a quick brush
Still eating leftovers Dave. I did mine today before the rain hit. The top had just a little coffee ground type at the top foot and cap. The rest was fluffy, brown and filled the tee bottom cap when finished. A little more than I figured, but I did not do a fall cleaning at the beginning of the season. I know, I cleaned the gutters, did a roof check and did cap inspections to both flues last fall. Top down with a Sooteater and extensions went really well. No surprises here, the flex looked real nice when finished. Also while I was up there I pointed the antenna back towards Boston so the wife can watch her "Downtown Alley" show as I call it tonight.