Dawn and I took the ammonoosuc trail today from Littleton to Woodsville. This is a rail to trail system for multi use. Enjoy......
Looks like a fun ride. I have had my quad for almost 3 years and it just turned over 80 miles yesterday!! Gary
The grizzly is a 2013, hasn't seen too many trails. Usually an around the house workhorse, but........ we're so close to the trail system, it will see much more use. It was dry and dusty in the open areas, and right when we loaded up the truck to leave, the rains came. Steady for awhile, now scattered. We decided to go down to the river to have lunch, but the unseen when we started was steep. I had to winch Dawn up. The cool thing round here is, the trails go into the towns, down paved roads (shared use, clear signs to regular motorists) to gas stations, restaurants, hotels, etc. At a juntion on the trail, theres signs saying "village pizza", etc .5 miles <--------- its really cool!
I think we bought our Grizzly in December 2010. I think we have around 3300 miles on it so far and it has never seen an atv trail. For use only around home. Yes, you might say it is a workhorse. I think I put about 10 miles on it during the get-together last spring!
Man, I can't wait to get up there with my bunch! That looks like some awesome riding!!! I'm really looking forward to that!
Remember, you will need a snow sled in addition to the ATV. The mountain areas can have many months of deep snow. Snow machines are a big part of life in that area. Snow shoes also if you want to be able to walk and not sink up to your waist in the snow. Best if you can have some time to live a little. Oh yes, a boat and an ice shack also helps! My boys are well outfitted for these long winters and also to be able to enjoy our short, but fantastic summers.
Well Larry, I'll start here first;… I never owned or even rode a snow mobile so do they come with training wheels?.. , I have looked into it though and I think I'll go simple and used at first when I get up there some day for my first snow mobile. My Wife is originally from Wisconsin so snow is "nothing new" to her and her family, Uncles and cousins all had them so she'll be teaching me most likely. Second; My Father in-law as two portable ice shanties he has gifted to me for the future! Many years back he used to work for Outers sports and outdoor division and was a "bow" designer and fabricating engineer so he has a lot of cool outdoor stuff that he has gifted to my wife and I, "including" snow shoes! . He actually used to where them back in the 60's and 70's when he did some recreational trapping. Next, he has a 14' flat aluminum skiff he has given to us which is in really good shape, it may be 12 years old but I think the motor is a 1959 Mercury… sooooo…. We'll see how that pans out. He's 90 now so he isn't doing much outdoor stuff anymore, but he "still" rides his ATV on the state trails in the spring and summer! God bless him, he loves to get out even at 90!