In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Children

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by LodgedTree, Sep 8, 2016.

  1. LodgedTree

    LodgedTree

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2016
    Messages:
    2,371
    Likes Received:
    9,428
    Location:
    Maine
    There is a lot of chatter on here of late about fire wood stackers (children) and I wonder what people's thought on it was. Myself I have had (5) daughters. 2 are mine biologically; a (3) year old and a (10) year old, as well as have two step-daughters that live here full-time at ages (9) and (11). And then had a foster daughter for a year between the ages of 15-16.

    The latter is kind of sad. We loved her to death, but having grown up in a foster home with my parents sharing our home to other kids, I learned this. No matter how bad the situation, time blunts the memories of how bad things were and only the good at their biological family homes, and yet they remember you scolding them for not doing their homework last week. Its really just good parenting, but once they want to go back home, they often do. A few months later they regret it, but for my wife and I, having her leave was too much and we never did Foster Care again.

    But I grew up with hundreds of Foster Kids and have 6 adopted brother's and sisters so to be a step-dad is a natural role. As for more children...yep I would have a dozen. I love kids. My wife thinks at age 37 her baby-making days are over, and maybe so, but just one more...oh yes, especially if it was a boy.
     
  2. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,277
    Likes Received:
    66,622
    Location:
    IN
    Got 7. Oldest is 11. Do the math.

    I'm tired. All. The. Time.
     
    Chvymn99, Eric VW, savemoney and 3 others like this.
  3. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Three here...two boys and one girl. From 32 to 23. Wow, where did the time go?! :)
     
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  4. gmule

    gmule

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    535
    Likes Received:
    2,231
    Location:
    Conifer Colorado
    3 lovely daughters ages 6, 12, and 14
    Just recently the oldest one started up the splitter on her own and busted up about cord of bucked logs and stacked it. Not a bad start I say
     
  5. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    two daughters (both RNs) ages 44 and 43, two sons, ages 36 and 35 (contractors) 8 grandchildren, 6 girls and 2 boys. Ages 21-6. My youngest son and his family share our home. They live upstairs and we live down. (raised ranch)
     
    Backwoods Savage, gmule and schlot like this.
  6. LodgedTree

    LodgedTree

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2016
    Messages:
    2,371
    Likes Received:
    9,428
    Location:
    Maine
    Wow SaveMoney; in order for a young whippersnapper such as yourself you must have had children starting at age 15?? (Just teasing you my friend. Some day I'll have to make it out to your house, its not far away (but it is the same distance to my place too). :)
     
    Backwoods Savage and savemoney like this.