In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Couple of questions-

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by Beetle-Kill, Sep 5, 2016.

  1. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Just finished the new door for the downstairs walk-out. It finally fits. 84 x 36 down to 70-7/16 x 35-9/16.
    - What is a good weather seal? Foam strip or hollow tube?

    Who likes what, for an 90%+ efficiency propane whole house furnace?

    Does anyone know what the ceiling height requirements are, for a Kitchen Queen 380 wood cook stove? I can find back and side clearance requirements, but nothing for the min. for the ceiling. And I haven't seen Woody here for a while. I guess I'll have to call on this one.

    What's an honest asking price for a NIB Englander NSW-13? I see HD has them for $649.00.

    Thanks, JB- guy with too many irons in the fire right now.
     
    Chvymn99 and Well Seasoned like this.
  2. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
  3. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    Beetle-Kill and Well Seasoned like this.
  4. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Frost King seal around the jamb, with an MD screw on seal as an extra. I should be pretty good now.
    NC-13 is listed for $650. Probably on the high side but you can't believe the junk stoves around here and the asking prices. People have no clue.
    Still working on the furnace and cookstove requirements.
     
    Well Seasoned, Chvymn99 and wildwest like this.
  5. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,668
    Likes Received:
    144,692
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    You can have my NC13I, the I meaning Insert if you are interested. You know where we live.... Somehow with a chimney liner and cap we still have rust on the front.
     
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    schlot, Well Seasoned and Beetle-Kill like this.
  6. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,668
    Likes Received:
    144,692
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    PS, the firebox is TINY.
     
    Well Seasoned and Beetle-Kill like this.
  7. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    I know. I was going to install the NC-13 in an area only 330 sq./ft. Now, dear wifey has become more adamant about the KQ 380. She really wants one, so no sense in installing the 13 just to swap it out.
    May take you up on the 13I though. Thinking a "smoker" conversion.......hmmmm. Keep in touch says Val.
     
    Well Seasoned and wildwest like this.
  8. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,668
    Likes Received:
    144,692
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Cool, let me know. Tell val ;) , yes I will!!
     
    Well Seasoned and Beetle-Kill like this.
  9. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,668
    Likes Received:
    144,692
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    WWW grinded/sanded the Englewood and put the first coat of paint on, I will try for a pic tomorrow :).
     
    papadave and Well Seasoned like this.
  10. Kimberly

    Kimberly

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2015
    Messages:
    5,072
    Likes Received:
    12,819
    Location:
    The Kangaroo State
    What is this?
     
  11. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Kitchen Queen 380, wood fired cooking stove. -www.woodstoves.net- Obadiahs wood stoves.
     
  12. Kimberly

    Kimberly

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2015
    Messages:
    5,072
    Likes Received:
    12,819
    Location:
    The Kangaroo State
    I like the green and cream

    [​IMG]
     
    Beetle-Kill and Well Seasoned like this.
  13. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    I actually like the colors on that one also. Thankfully, the wife doesn't. She wants the black one.
    Oh yeah, just sold the NC-13. Nice people who bought it. They have FHC contact info., don't be surprised if they show up. "Paul and Paula"
    They're going to fit it into an existing fireplace. I tried to explain the issues he'd be facing for his particular install, he was intent on making it work.
    I have doubts, but it probably will work out in the end. He'll just have to address the issues I brought up. He'll work it out, guy was pretty sharp.
     
    gmule and bogieb like this.