Pulled the bow outta the basement and took a few shots. Not bad for not picking it up since January. Don't mind that low flyer
Nothing wrong with that. I sure wish I could still shoot a recurve or even a compound but sadly my shoulders just won't take it. I do think about it a lot though...
Shot for a few more minutes tonight and got em a little tighter. This is why i usually aim at different spots on the target lol.
I sold my compound bow about 10 years ago, I've thought about picking up another one but every time I look at the prices I stop! It'd be pretty easy to drop a grand after getting it all set up! I never hunted with my bow, but I do really enjoy shooting. For now all I have is an old Bear Kodiak Magnum recurve I inherited from my great uncle. It's fun to shoot, but I'm not nearly as accurate shooting it instinctively as I was with my compound using sights.
That old bow should still be a good one! If you shoot the recurve, you have to practice a lot. Best to shoot year around.
Yea it gets pretty expensive! I hunted with my last bow (high country tssr) for almost 10 years. Last year I finally decided it was time to move on and started shopping. Most bare bows that i looked at were $500-800 easy. My buddies wife is head of the archery department at a local outdoors show and she called me with a deal i couldn't pass up. She had a trade in 2016 elite synergy that retailed for $1k bare bones. She let me have it for $750 loaded so i had to jump on it. Get that bear out and start shootin! I betcha after some practice that instinctive aiming will come to ya easily.
When I practiced more I could get a 4" group at 20 yards, but that was 10 years ago. Last summer I did shoot with a buddy who had just bought a recurve, I think it was budget Martin. Best I could get with my bow was 12" groups at 20 yards which I thought was pretty good with no practice in several years, but then I shot his bow and could easily get 6" groups! My bow's draw weight is 15lbs higher, I'm pretty sure that's the reason I shot his so much better.
I'll never forget a deal I got back in the 60's when someone who worked for me had an uncle who worked at Bear Archery. This is back when Bear was still in Grayling, MI. He brought to work one day 2 brand new bows that supposedly did not pass inspection to sell to their dealers. We did find a couple small spots on the finish of both bows that must have been the culprit. I gave him, I think $60 for both bows! They served my wife and I well for a long time but sadly we no longer have them, but I have a few others yet! A few recurves, a couple compounds and a crossbow.
Got rid of all my bows several years back- Mostly due to age of the items. Limbs get iffy after 20 or so years. Sometimes sooner than that particularly on cross bows. Rules here changed for the better and now cross bows are legal for archery season, so I will be going that route- But none of these $6- 900 type rigs.